Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

My Uber Parter app was just activated on Thursday so I decided to give it a try Thursday evening. I started my night around 9 pm and just stayed in my car till around 10 in Deptford NJ when I recieved my first request. Was a easy ride. Was a man just wanting to go to Shop rite and back home. Easy $20 as most of it was me just waiting in the parking lot. Then I had down time for about 20 minutes and then I was getting requests about every 20 seconds for a good 30 out of Camden. I personally didn't want to go to Camden on my first night for obvious reasons. Then today I was on all day on the West Deptford area from about 9:30-4 without a single request.

I guess my question is, why is the best options for me to maximize my profits. I live in Paulsboro which is about 10 minutes from the Walt.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated and I look forward to conversing.

Dillan

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in cherry hill now at my full time job. Done at 2am. Going to go online at that time to see if I can't pick something up. Thanks bud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone!

My Uber Parter app was just activated on Thursday so I decided to give it a try Thursday evening. I started my night around 9 pm and just stayed in my car till around 10 in Deptford NJ when I recieved my first request. Was a easy ride. Was a man just wanting to go to Shop rite and back home. Easy $20 as most of it was me just waiting in the parking lot. Then I had down time for about 20 minutes and then I was getting requests about every 20 seconds for a good 30 out of Camden. I personally didn't want to go to Camden on my first night for obvious reasons. Then today I was on all day on the West Deptford area from about 9:30-4 without a single request.

I guess my question is, why is the best options for me to maximize my profits. I live in Paulsboro which is about 10 minutes from the Walt.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated and I look forward to conversing.

Dillan
I just signed up to do Lyft with a $750 bonus after 50 rides. Gonna try this out part time as I already have a FT job with decent income. The OT at my FT job is wearing on me and after a convo with a Lyft driver I had over the weekend it seems like a low stress way to generate some extra cash. Mentor meeting is today.

I'll be driving in the South Jersey (from Somerdale) / Phila area as well. 2015 Honda Fit. If it doesn't work out for me oh well.

Holding out on Uber until I can get a sign up bonus with them as well.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I just signed up to do Lyft with a $750 bonus after 50 rides. Gonna try this out part time as I already have a FT job with decent income. The OT at my FT job is wearing on me and after a convo with a Lyft driver I had over the weekend it seems like a low stress way to generate some extra cash. Mentor meeting is today.

I'll be driving in the South Jersey (from Somerdale) / Phila area as well. 2015 Honda Fit. If it doesn't work out for me oh well.

Holding out on Uber until I can get a sign up bonus with them as well.
You won't see a sign up bonus with Uber in Philly/South Jersey ever again. They have plenty of drivers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hang out between Mulica Hill and Media. It seems to be a feast or famine kinda thing for us in the burbs, I'll go some days 5 hours with no hits, then ding, ding, ding one right after another.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hang out between Mulica Hill and Media. It seems to be a feast or famine kinda thing for us in the burbs, I'll go some days 5 hours with no hits, then ding, ding, ding one right after another.
Can confirm from someone who is in th West Chester burbs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can confirm from someone who is in th West Chester burbs
You're not kidding mate. I have gotten a half dozen dings from West Chester all the way down here in Media. I've debated heading up there for an evening or two and seeing if there's cash to be made. My buddy runs the sound over at the Sprout so i'd hang there between running around.

·
Registered
606 Posts
-Try not to drive too much without a rider.
-Find a Dunkin, McDonalds, or Starbucks, use their internet, and bathrooms.
-Use the Rider app to see how many other Uber/Lyft cars are around you, and try to keep some space. This doesn't work if you are at the stadiums, or in South St./Olde City areas.
-4p - 8p on weekends, I seem to get quite a bit of couples going out for dinner and drinks. 7p to 10p, I get couples leaving restaurants/bars and heading back home. 10p on is almost all drinkers.
-Where I am, on weekends, I take quite a bit of people from one side of the bay to the other (St. Pete to Tampa). I would assume South Jersey and West Chester will do the same going to South Street, Olde City and Avenue of the Arts. This would also apply to Eagles, Phillies and Flyers games. Uber/Lyft from these areas is cheaper than parking.

-Make sure you have an EZ Pass (if that's what its still called up there).
-Report your tolls to Uber, every time. I have never had one automatically reimbursed. Lyft is much better with this.

-I'd avoid TU, Penn and Drexel. But that's just my thing. The college kids don't tip and usually have short trips. WCU coming into the city on the other hand might be a trip worthwhile. But short trips to the bars up there is probably the most common thing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
- -I'd avoid TU, Penn and Drexel. But that's just my thing. The college kids don't tip and usually have short trips. WCU coming into the city on the other hand might be a trip worthwhile. But short trips to the bars up there is probably the most common thing.
Can also confirm the WCU to center city being great fare. One time, I felt bad for the 18 year old girls who never used it before and caught their ride on a 1.9 surge, but it was an $84 fare and i pocketed $68. Needless to say I did a ****ing backflip.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can also confirm the WCU to center city being great fare. One time, I felt bad for the 18 year old girls who never used it before and caught their ride on a 1.9 surge, but it was an $84 fare and i pocketed $68. Needless to say I did a ****ing backflip.
I'm sorry, what is WCU? LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts