Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try and drive some Friday night, went online from the comfort of my living room as I always do Monday morning early and Saturday nights around 10pm. After an hour, I was very concerned due to no requests. I opened my rider app and noticed my car icon wasn't showing and neither were any others. No cars in the entire Charlotte area. I tried to request a ride and it immediately said "No UberX Available". Same for Uber XL. I called support and they had no idea what I was trying to tell them. After another 30 minutes, I tried an experiment. I requested a ride using a restaurant 2 miles north of my house, but across the line in North Carolina. Sure enough, 8 cars within 5-6 minutes away. WTF?? I took screenshots of this and the request from mu house 2 miles away showing no cars and sent to support, as they told me they need screenshots. All this after me deleting both apps and re-adding, rebooting my phone, making sure I had the most current versions, etc.... Called back and again, they couldn't understand my problem, said they see me online available for riders. I continued to call 3 more times Saturday and they finally told me I'm only approved to drive in North Carolina. This has never been the case. But I then asked why I could not get a car upon requesting a ride, that would have no relations to where my car is approved to drive. They couldn't and wouldn't respond. Odd thing, Friday after all this, I got in the car and drove across the state line while watching my rider app and BAM, as soon as I cross it, I show up along with 7 other local cars. WTF?? And immediately got a ride. Of course I have several rides take me to Fort Mill, SC that night and each time after ending trip, I had to drive up to cross back into NC to get another ride. Same happened Saturday night, all same issues requesting and not getting requests in SC. So Sunday while in Fort Mill at church, I requested from there and same "No Uber Available" message. Had 7 friends and wife also request and all got the same message. That tells me it's wide spread in SC. Riders can't request and drivers don't show up on the map until the cross into NC. I've not made 10 calls to support and nothing. I've also swapped 30+ emails. They have no concept of what I'm telling them and don't even understand that my screenshots were taken within the same minute and show 2 maps of the same area with one showing lots of cars and the other none. My last response from support told me to force close my app and wait 15 minutes before re-opening. Seriously??? Like I'm 5 years old? The kicker, he closed out my case so I can't respond to it after that advice. These people kill me! This Morning, on my normal search for airport riders, again I couldn't request a ride nor did I get an SC request. Only got first ride when I crossed the line into NC.

Anyone else have this issue? My 2 buddies at church that participated in trying to request a ride yesterday are also drivers and they had the same malfunction I had. They just hadn't driven and weren't aware. I told Uber they're losing money in addition to me. They need to fix this for their own good. They're so ignorant, they don't get it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - I did confirm that all Charlotte area drivers had their South Carolina driving privileges removed last week. No one can explain why. So when you try to book a ride in Fort Mill, Rock Hill, Indian Land, etc... you will immediately get a "No UberX Available" in the black box where you normally confirm the request. That's because there are no drivers up here approved to drive in SC. That is also why your car icon doesn't show up on the rider app when you're online and in SC. As soon as you cross the line into NC, bam, your car appears as long as all the other nearby drivers. This is forcing drivers in SC to drive into NC for pickups. That spells out more drivers lurking in NC, for the same number of NC ride requests, as there are no SC requests. Guess what, that's less rides for everyone. All the business travelers I get on Monday mornings in Fort Mill and Indian Land are now screwed and must take Lyft. Time for me to add Lyft so I can keep getting rides near that area. This company never ceases to amaze me with their incompetence. They never warned or told anyone about this. Still haven't told drivers or riders. And it took me 14 calls with customer support including talking to 6 supervisors, and 45+ messages through email and app to get this through their heads. I still am not certain they realize what's going on.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow you are persistent! Thank you for sharing. I live North of Charlotte, and don't get down that way often but if I do at least I know what is going on. Keep us posted.

Reactions: Failed Login

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As of 8:10pm last night, we are back in the saddle for driving in South Caroline. What a freakin headache this was for me. All the hours (calls and emails) I spent trying to tell them what a [email protected]$ they had created and they wouldn't listen. Like they didn't even care. Finally got through to them that they were missing hundreds of rides per day with this glitch. They have a bunch of morons working at this company, morons! This is the worst run company I've ever been associated with, by far. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing, and doesn't really care.

·
Registered
581 Posts
As of 8:10pm last night, we are back in the saddle for driving in South Caroline. What a freakin headache this was for me. All the hours (calls and emails) I spent trying to tell them what a [email protected]$ they had created and they wouldn't listen. Like they didn't even care. Finally got through to them that they were missing hundreds of rides per day with this glitch. They have a bunch of morons working at this company, morons! This is the worst run company I've ever been associated with, by far. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing, and doesn't really care.
Thanks for taking care of this for us.

Product Font Electric blue Circle Symmetry
Azure Font Electric blue Art Symbol

·
Registered
98 Posts
I seen lots of NC tags when I drove rock Hill and fort Mill the other night and I'm from sc I can stay online in NC but can't get request until I'm in sc which is fine plus rock Hill is still Charlotte's market cause I called one my riders and show a Charlotte area code not an 803 area code

·
Registered
222 Posts
Update - I did confirm that all Charlotte area drivers had their South Carolina driving privileges removed last week. No one can explain why. So when you try to book a ride in Fort Mill, Rock Hill, Indian Land, etc... you will immediately get a "No UberX Available" in the black box where you normally confirm the request. That's because there are no drivers up here approved to drive in SC. That is also why your car icon doesn't show up on the rider app when you're online and in SC. As soon as you cross the line into NC, bam, your car appears as long as all the other nearby drivers. This is forcing drivers in SC to drive into NC for pickups. That spells out more drivers lurking in NC, for the same number of NC ride requests, as there are no SC requests. Guess what, that's less rides for everyone. All the business travelers I get on Monday mornings in Fort Mill and Indian Land are now screwed and must take Lyft. Time for me to add Lyft so I can keep getting rides near that area. This company never ceases to amaze me with their incompetence. They never warned or told anyone about this. Still haven't told drivers or riders. And it took me 14 calls with customer support including talking to 6 supervisors, and 45+ messages through email and app to get this through their heads. I still am not certain they realize what's going on.
That's balls, I mean, obviously the reason we could drive in basically everything down to Rock Hill is that it's Charlotte Metro Area. I had a ride once for example that took me down to Columbia, and I was able to drop her off there but had to schlepp back to get into a zone where I could accept rides. Sounds like a political thing, or maybe it was just an error in their database.

Thank you for your work to get to the bottom of this!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts