Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had to make a drop off on the strip last night. As is usually the case, I got right back off and headed down the boulevard to the 215. On a hunch and a whim, I decided to stay on LVB and see if anything was cooking down at the M. Got the ping just as I was turning on to St. Rose and grabbed a couple of guys in front of the main entrance. I dropped them off at the Marriott on Harmon...graciously accepted the $5 tip and headed on my way to grab a ping at the MGM. Before the MGM pax got in the car, my phone rings and it's one of the guys from the M. He said he left his phone in the car. I gave him my phone number and told him to call me back in ten minutes. Dropped pax off at the Aria, headed towards the Marriott and gave the dude his phone back. He was so happy to get his phone back that he tipped me $25. Sometimes you just have to follow your gut.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's pretty cool. It's best when you don't have to drive too far out to give it back. Most I got for the phone thing was a 20. At least some pax see the value of these things. Specifically if they linked their bank to Apple pay. I always remind them that they were lucky they used an Uber , and that because it's a tracked private car 90% of the time they will get it back. There is always a d-bag driver that will just throw it out the window. Do a quick scan of the back helps to cut down on this. I look even closer when dropping off strip. Once I noticed one right on the floor as they got out and they still tipped out when they were only 10 feet away. Worst is when it was right behind you and you have to find them the next day. I think if they are from out of town they are always more psyched to get it back because it would be a bigger hassle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He was here on business and said that if he lost his phone he would've been dead. He couldn't have been happier to get it back.

This must be a common occurrence because I've been driving a little less than a month and this is my second phone return.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, they just get comfortable now and leave it on the seat like it's their own car. Easy money either way. I started selling pocket juice battery packs to the fools with dead batteries. 10 bucks at Walmart and 20 to pax fully charged. Another way to profit on the phones.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
He was here on business and said that if he lost his phone he would've been dead. He couldn't have been happier to get it back.

This must be a common occurrence because I've been driving a little less than a month and this is my second phone return.
And I bet you felt good knowing you really helped somebody

1 - 7 of 7 Posts