Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just posted this in the postmates fb group, but it's nice when you run across really great people.

Gather round and I will tell you of the coolest customer to ever live.

Order is $10 worth of Arby's. It is in a huge complex near Serene, not far from South Point. I forget the address, but keep an eye out because the GPS takes you directly into the wrong complex. The street number for the WRONG complex is 9400, I remember that much.

I wonder around the wrong place for a while trying to find his building. To add to everything else, it's one of those places where the numbers make no sense at all. Building numbers... 21... 20.. 15! Then it goes to letters! Exchange a text and he tells me I'm in the wrong place. I'm thinking, crap, 1 star no tip.

He says not to worry. He knows the GPS is bad. He says he will just walk over and meet me at the gate to that complex. He not only does that, but tips me $7 in cash and $5 on the app. So a 120% tip.

Made my whole day. I'll file that away for the next time someone in a McMansion stiffs me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had a customer at that complex on Aggot(sp?) near LVB. Went to the gate, he hadn't called ahead so they wouldn't let me in. Spoke to him on the phone for a couple minutes, asking him to call down to the gate, which is the only way they'd let me in. He refused, saying he'd left his phone upstairs. His girlfriend had actually ordered the ride, and it was her phone, but she wouldn't call in either. There was more but let's just say I was not looking forward to meeting him or his girlfriend.

I canceled. I told the guards "he sounds like an a-hole anyway" which got a laugh. I'm sure they deal with their fare share of entitled brats and enjoyed one not getting his way for once. I wrote to Uber explaining what happened and asking for a fee, even though I never got closeto him. I was ready to either exchange 15 responses or call in. I wasn't going to let this one go.

I woke up this morning expecting the robo response to begin round 1 of 12.

Instead, "we have adjusted the fare to $5.00 and credited your account."

I'm not saying Uber has become a good company, but I'm starting to think they might be getting better.

I'd have been a little impressed if there was any evidence that my e-mail had even been read, even if they didn't initially side with me. But both! Wow.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Do you actually do the things you post? If you do, do you wonder why you were deactivated before? $5? Cheaper to end your ride and re-request.
I'm pretty sure he has never been on either the Lyft or Uber platform. Just wants to be part of a group. Not saying anything bad about him, but the stuff he posts makes it seem like he is not really a driver.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.