Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Anyone has experienced it before? First, I sent a complaint to uber about the 2 unfamiliar charges that was billed to my cc. I'm not sure what it is for but it shows the same exact amount for both.

One of the rep told me that a family member or blah is using the said cc. So she said, if it was a fraud transac. I just need to confirm and she'll take care of it. That was last Sat., July 23.

I replied to her the ff. day to confirm that it was indeed a fraud. I have never given my cc info to anyone. Since the first reply was taking so long, I waited til Monday, July 25 for her answer. Unfortunately, I did not receive anything.

The following day, Tuesday - July 26, uber sent a receipt to my email add saying that I'm going to get billed for my next ride due to cancellation. The trip was in Kuala Lumpur and I have been in the Philippines since. I started to panic, cause I know for sure whoever the devil has been using my card info has done it again.

I sent them several emails about it. Up until now, I haven't received any replies from them.

Is there anyway that I can talk to them over the phone? Or is there another option for customer service??

I'm new to uber so I'm not familiar about it :s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contact your credit card company.
I already did. I'm actually concerned about the charges. They said, I need to provide strong evidence to prove that it was a fraudulent transaction.

They advised me that the uber "receipt" and short email exchange were not enough.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Hey guys,

Anyone has experienced it before? First, I sent a complaint to uber about the 2 unfamiliar charges that was billed to my cc. I'm not sure what it is for but it shows the same exact amount for both.

One of the rep told me that a family member or blah is using the said cc. So she said, if it was a fraud transac. I just need to confirm and she'll take care of it. That was last Sat., July 23.

I replied to her the ff. day to confirm that it was indeed a fraud. I have never given my cc info to anyone. Since the first reply was taking so long, I waited til Monday, July 25 for her answer. Unfortunately, I did not receive anything.

The following day, Tuesday - July 26, uber sent a receipt to my email add saying that I'm going to get billed for my next ride due to cancellation. The trip was in Kuala Lumpur and I have been in the Philippines since. I started to panic, cause I know for sure whoever the devil has been using my card info has done it again.

I sent them several emails about it. Up until now, I haven't received any replies from them.

Is there anyway that I can talk to them over the phone? Or is there another option for customer service??

U need to start by getting off this site and on the phone with your credit card company.

All u have to do is request a new card and have your current one deactivated. That will stop the problem at the source. Your credit card company can even remove the fraudulent charges.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Always use a virtual credit card number to pay for Uber rides. This is the shadiest of shady companies - never give them your physical credit card number.

·
Premium Member
63,102 Posts
Hey guys,

Two trick Pony

The Devil usses my credit card too.

You have to keep an eye on Her !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
TELL your CC company it is fraudulent/was not you. They should have a form for you to fill out (basically, an affidavit) and they will reverse the charges. You should also instruct them to cancel that card send you a new one.
If your CC company gives you a hard time, tell them that your card is lost/stolen, don't ever use that card again and sign up for a credit card from a company that protects it's customers.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
TELL your CC company it is fraudulent/was not you. They should have a form for you to fill out (basically, an affidavit) and they will reverse the charges. You should also instruct them to cancel that card send you a new one.
If your CC company gives you a hard time, tell them that your card is lost/stolen, don't ever use that card again and sign up for a credit card from a company that protects it's customers.
Different countries have differing levels of consumer protection when fraud happens. For example, my wife's family have had funds stolen by bank staff from a few different Mexican bank accounts. It's always a big hassle when it happens and there's no guarantee that the stolen money will be replaced by the bank.

Basically, the consumer has to prove they did not spend/use the money, as oppposed to in developed countries where the onus is on the bank to prove otherwise.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Regardless of consumer protection laws, you should report it as stolen/compromised so you don't see bigger charges than just an uber trip.

Also, the csi people have very poor english so if you don't get a response just start a fresh email until you get it reversed. Because every time you email, someone else reads it and eventually you will run into someone who can fix your problem.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Regardless of consumer protection laws, you should report it as stolen/compromised so you don't see bigger charges than just an uber trip.

Also, the csi people have very poor english so if you don't get a response just start a fresh email until you get it reversed. Because every time you email, someone else reads it and eventually you will run into someone who can fix your problem.
Nobody mentioned consumer protection laws. In any case, relying on them would be too slow a process.

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
I already did. I'm actually concerned about the charges. They said, I need to provide strong evidence to prove that it was a fraudulent transaction.

They advised me that the uber "receipt" and short email exchange were not enough.
what bank / credit card is it?

·
Super Moderator
15,945 Posts

Get on twitter and complain, complain, complain about your stolen information. Make sure you tag Uber and all it's local philipine city accounts.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Uber personal data gets hacked all the time. Many techies have blogged in the past month about how easy it is to hack into their system and obtain personal data, including frequently visited places and home addresses.

"The problem has escalated in the last two years as Uber and Netflix passwords have become more valuable on the black market than credit cards, which have stronger identity theft protections."

"Tyler said it would be costly for Uber to institute stricter security controls, and that ultimately the responsibility fell on me to do a better job of changing my passwords. "We're going to have big problems if Uber tried to start restricting or logging out users," Tyler said. "They would go to Lyft or somewhere else."

http://www.512tech.com/technology/w...er-account-was-hacked/jmefrE0IuJxAM63Ie3HT9L/

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nobody mentioned consumer protection laws. In any case, relying on them would be too slow a process.
Next time read the entire thread before posting obsolute comments.

Consumer protection laws are mentioned because she doesn't live in the united states and her bank is asking solid proof to refund her money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.