Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email offering extra bonuses to drivers who can find a multiple of friends who don't know better than to drive Uber.

I'm predicting a repeat of NYE when there were tons of cars out with hardly any action. Not because of new drivers they will sign up, but because everybody with an active driver account will be on the road.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

·
Registered
435 Posts
I like how they "do the math" for you. Just in case you're smart enough to have a driver license but don't understand multiplication.

·
Banned
919 Posts
I like how they "do the math" for you. Just in case you're smart enough to have a driver license but don't understand multiplication.
I don't think uber knows multiplications. They are damn good with ubermath. That is harder to figure out than trigonometry. When you can figure out that less charge in fares will make you more profit, then you have a handle on ubermath.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
They were running ads on Channel 5 for Uber, do you all notice that it hasn't had an impact on the number of drivers on the road? My weekly payment is actually up, even after the TV commercials on Channel 5. Word has gotten out. They will soon need to incentivize drivers to get them to work during certain peak holidays. Looks like the pool of new drivers isn't happening. Guess that fiasco last year during November with the radio ads and driving for uber making $5k a month has caught up with them. Word of mouth has caught up with them and their marketing lies. The word is out. This morning I saw a 3.9x surge in SM. Does that seem like they have enough drivers? Esepcially since they have been advertising on TV. Theyre going to have to raise rates to get drivers. No way around out. Drivers will prosper even without striking/unionizing because the simple fact, Uber doesn't have the resources to keep up with demand. The supply just isn't there.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
It's a fact proven daily Uber drivers can't do math...

A pax asked me why Uber is always advertising for drivers. I said "you mean the one where the guy says he can make $500.00 per day" pax says yes. I assured him after nearly two years I have NEVER made that much working for 24 hours, much less one 8 hour shift as the ad implies.

Uber Lies, raises % charged to driver, ceases to pay cancel fees, lowers rates per mile/minute... proving drivers can't do math... too worried about getting 5 stars to notice they are having to put gas and tires on a charge card to keep driving.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
They were running ads on Channel 5 for Uber, do you all notice that it hasn't had an impact on the number of drivers on the road? My weekly payment is actually up, even after the TV commercials on Channel 5. Word has gotten out. ......

No way around out. Drivers will prosper even without striking/unionizing because the simple fact, Uber doesn't have the resources to keep up with demand. The supply just isn't there.
Absolutely, I think my hourly rate is creeping up. Partly because I'm aggressively using the pax ratings for my benefit and because I think you're right, the demand is out pacing the driver recruitment. I'm bullish on a rate increase soon. Be aggressive canceling bad fares and this will help drive the perception of not enough drivers and the need for a higher rate to lure drivers and slow demand while maximizing profit potentials.

Uber needs to seriously consider a $10 minimum. Drivers lose money on $3 fares and most aren't skilled enough to avoid them so they will quit driving. If Uber solved that problem and made every fare profitable they'd have higher driver retention. Uber did this for themselves with their $1 safety fee! so it's time for them to stop subsidizing their growth at the expense of drivers.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I think we all want to kick Lorenzo in the nut sack a few times.
No doubt, that guy sounds ******ed. I don't understand how Uber thinks it a good idea to give people the impression that a ****** is driving them. I can only imagine they think that the only people willing to drive for Uber are actual ******s or that ******s make great drivers because they don't know how to do math, but what they are really doing is giving the public the impression that a ****** is driving you.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Absolutely, I think my hourly rate is creeping up. Partly because I'm aggressively using the pax ratings for my benefit and because I think you're right, the demand is out pacing the driver recruitment. I'm bullish on a rate increase soon. Be aggressive canceling bad fares and this will help drive the perception of not enough drivers and the need for a higher rate to lure drivers and slow demand while maximizing profit potentials.

Uber needs to seriously consider a $10 minimum. Drivers lose money on $3 fares and most aren't skilled enough to avoid them so they will quit driving. If Uber solved that problem and made every fare profitable they'd have higher driver retention. Uber did this for themselves with their $1 safety charge! so it's time for them to stop subsidizing their growth at the expense of drivers.
Honestly, most riders don't have the income level required for a private car service. They are millenials that have been programmed by their parents that they are special and better than everyone else.
As far as uber calling us professionals, well if they want professionalism they need to pay like it. But they are paying us like we are the neighbor doing are friend a favor. Except I know for a fact if I drove my neighbor to the airport they would pay me more than uber pays me.

So if I show up in my sweats and a t shirt. That's the professionalism of your neighbor. If I make you open your own door, that's the professionalism of your neighbor. We aren't professional private chauffeurs. We are your neighbor. We make as much money in a year as you do and in most cases we make more than you do as we are working two jobs.

So there is no reason for passengers to think they are better than.

Love when they tell me something stupid like they have a BMW but there's is a 5 series not a 3 series. Then I explain to them I have three cars, two bmw's and a Mercedes. That seems to work to keep them in check.
Then I like to throw in that we are neighbors and I throw in where I live.

Some have an issue digesting it.

The. I pull up my weekly summary and show them how good uber pays. Hits home when I make more with uber than they make with their day job and doesn't include the income from my real job.

That's when I get tagged for that bullshit professionalism improvement on ubers weekly report and not talking about other business.

Guess what, you come in my car and think you're better than me, you're going to get a dose of reality.

·
Banned
919 Posts
No doubt, that guy sounds ******ed. I don't understand how Uber thinks it a good idea to give people the impression that a ****** is driving them. I can only imagine they think that the only people willing to drive for Uber are actual ******s or that ******s make great drivers because they don't know how to do math, but what they are really doing is giving the public the impression that a ****** is driving you.
Just to be clear, are we ******s?

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
My hourly rate in Atlanta is up to. Saturday was actually my best day yet with multiple rides to and from the burbs (w/ surge).

The BEST thing this forum has taught me is to be aggressive refusing poorly rated pax and canceling.
Uber needs new drivers that don't know any better and that will take every ping.

Veteran drivers know better on which pings to take and not to take. They on board newbies because they have no experience as well as no math skills.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts