Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight I received a request, late night, I went to pick up the customer and in the street there were two men (highly dodgy looking) and a girl (all from east Europe, Romanians I think), she took a seat in the car I asked the name of the customer and one man from the window told me the right name.
I started the trip and I was driving towards the destination, after few minutes the "the client has canceled the ride" advise appeared on my device, I pulled straight away on a side of the road and I told her that her friend canceled the ride.
She falsely surprised was waiting me to continue to go towards the destination.
She said that was without money (strange coincidence ;)) and was calling her friend with speakerphone (voice mail of course ;)).
I said clear that my car It would not be moved to from where it was without a new booking. (I said to her it's illegal to do it).
After long time trying and bla bla bla... I said to her with my phone on hands "I clearly understand what's going on here, I'm already writing everything to Uber". Which I did let's see if they have something to paste this time as well.
End of the story she FINALLY left the car promising me a complaint bla bla bla...
What do You guys think about this?
Customer with 5 stars (off course he cancels always the ride in advance nobody can give him 1 star).
Someone else experienced this?
Never happened to me before (roughly 3000 trips completed on my account).

I tried to summarize as much as possible.

This time the scam went wrong :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
PAX = The one who ordered the ride on their app. If they aren't interested in getting in the car, don't bother. I had a couple people try that. The guy who ordered it wasn't even there. Then they tried to offer me cash. Not worth the hassle and risk. Just cancel and move on.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Punters sometimes tried this when they were actually in the car back in '13.

Only happened once and I still got paid for the fare.

The Uber system will see you have picked up the passenger and started to drive.

Though I would not be surprised that in other cases people have asked for a refund stating somebody took their car, Uber being Uber would always believe them and refund probably saying to each other in the office that the driver was stupid enough to take wrong punter etc.

Punters learn that they have a new way to get a trip for free and start to fill their boots.

I picked up in similar circumstances back then.

Lux request to West Cromwell Road Tescos. Two EE blokes and a girl, request made by one of the blokes and he said it was for his GF.

I took her to an Estate just off Maida Vale, no problems whatsoever and a quick £25 at 3 in the morning.

As usual Uber and their policy of always believing the Rider means everybody loses out and the punter has a new angle to try and get a freebie.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes, but it won't work every time. Uber see if there's more same incidents from same rider. Try yourself and risk to be banned.
It could be some percentage of scammers but you'll get it once a year or fewer in your car. This is why positive feedback is important.
It's ok to make a mistake once (like pick up a wrong rider with the same name as the right one)but it's about learning from it and not committing it again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
1 year ago , first week on uber , got an Gatwick job , pick up pax from drop off South Terminal , english old lady , she got in the car and she started a really sad story .
She's been trying for 5 hours to go to her North London place , she has no money , flight from spain was canceled ... bla bla bla .
I told her everything is ok , she's now in the car on her "friend" booking , in 1 hr- 1:30 she will be home .
Down on M23 left M25 ... 3 min later "job was cancelled" .
I thought it was an onest mistake , error from the app, after that story I wouldn't kick the old english lady on the m25 . So decided to do what I was doind with AddLee , do the job and then contact them and they would take care of it . Really good driver suport at AddLee.
Sent email to uber late on and I could not believe it . They basically said we have their details , cc and all , You did the job , but we can not help you , no second booking from m25 to north london no money .

I don't know why you would try this in central london , I would open the door and kick them out , it's not like the midle of the m25 .
And how do you know buddy that thay r not gypsies from Poland or Bulgaria or Albania?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 year ago , first week on uber , got an Gatwick job , pick up pax from drop off South Terminal , english old lady , she got in the car and she started a really sad story .
She's been trying for 5 hours to go to her North London place , she has no money , flight from spain was canceled ... bla bla bla .
I told her everything is ok , she's now in the car on her "friend" booking , in 1 hr- 1:30 she will be home .
Down on M23 left M25 ... 3 min later "job was cancelled" .
I thought it was an onest mistake , error from the app, after that story I wouldn't kick the old english lady on the m25 . So decided to do what I was doind with AddLee , do the job and then contact them and they would take care of it . Really good driver suport at AddLee.
Sent email to uber late on and I could not believe it . They basically said we have their details , cc and all , You did the job , but we can not help you , no second booking from m25 to north london no money .

I don't know why you would try this in central london , I would open the door and kick them out , it's not like the midle of the m25 .
And how do you know buddy that thay r not gypsies from Poland or Bulgaria or Albania?
That is what I did yesterday, but she opened the door by herself... :D
I said to Uber that in my opinion is a clear fraud to check that account to see how many times this happened already.
Because I know the Uber policy in this kind of occasion (you're not going to see 1 penny), as soon as the journey ends on the app, they'll will leave my car even on the m25...
They'll have to book myself again to see my car moving again...
Uber protect customers, I'm gonna protect myself from customers and Uber...

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I said to Uber that in my opinion is a clear fraud to check that account to see how many times this happened already.
Because I know the Uber policy in this kind of occasion (you're not going to see 1 penny), as soon as the journey ends on the app, they'll will leave my car even on the m25...
It happened to me a while back, just stop the car and kindly ask the rider to look at the tyres, move away and report it -- " hope u are doing fine...bla bla bla"

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
at least this did not happen at a busy time and while you were arguing with the pax to boot them out of your car other pings started to come in and you could not receive those and then you get the sin bin on top of things.. call it bad luck!!

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
It could have been a honest mistake where the person who ordered the cab needed another car to take them so they cancelled ur journey to book one for themselves . Not everyone knows how the app works still and it of of been a new user .

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Perhaps it could have been considered an honest mistake if it happened once.

But this is happening too many times to different drivers in different services (X, Exec, Lux etc)

Every time the public have found a way to get free rides Uber have capitulated and took one for the team for a certain period of time, then when they realise their current policy is getting the piss ripped out of it they seem to pass it onto the driver.

Uber are the victim of their own success. But also a victim of their own lack of judgement when it comes to the motivations of Riders/passengers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Happend to me. I took cash. Then she wanted discount, told me i was handsom etc. I said madma thank you, i have bills to be paid. I could of left you there in the dark. I did you a favour! BTW is this your home address!!! letting her know i knew where she lived. I got my £20 and £5 cancel FEE.

Sorry i got bills to pay. If i followed the law, explain my remerdy!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Perhaps it could have been considered an honest mistake if it happened once.

But this is happening too many times to different drivers in different services (X, Exec, Lux etc)

Every time the public have found a way to get free rides Uber have capitulated and took one for the team for a certain period of time, then when they realise their current policy is getting the piss ripped out of it they seem to pass it onto the driver.

Uber are the victim of their own success. But also a victim of their own lack of judgement when it comes to the motivations of Riders/passengers.
If it was an honest mistake, there would have been no problem to book me again, but that didn't happen, I don't have any patient anymore and I assure always that the customer isn't right.
Yesterday all the day long 5 stars then I carried a piece of sheet (my fault 3.06 customer rating) and such a coincidence after that trip my whole rating average felt down :D:D:D:D

I'll send an email to Uber, if I can start a new service "Uber garbage truck" , I'll receive only request from customers starting at 4.3 and below, plenty of space I'll start accepting even pooool...
In terms and conditions "rider must wear a black rubbish bag before to start the ride".
At the end of the day I'll discharge them in front of Aldgate Tower... :D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Happend to me on A4 towards Heathrow once, i streight left A4 to a side street and asked him to book again or book another ome, he booked it again, which streight came to me

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
If it was an honest mistake, there would have been no problem to book me again, but that didn't happen, I don't have any patient anymore and I assure always that the customer isn't right.
Yesterday all the day long 5 stars then I carried a piece of sheet (my fault 3.06 customer rating) and such a coincidence after that trip my whole rating average felt down :D:D:D:D

I'll send an email to Uber, if I can start a new service "Uber garbage truck" , I'll receive only request from customers starting at 4.3 and below, plenty of space I'll start accepting even pooool...
In terms and conditions "rider must wear a black rubbish bag before to start the ride".
At the end of the day I'll discharge them in front of Aldgate Tower... :D:D:D:D
Lol uber banned me today for 2min because i cancelled 2 bookings in a row, it was my mistake i clicked without looking and when i saw their rating, both were below 4 so i cancelled and email uber that you said to us in induction that if rider rating goes below 4 we'll ban them so why they are still active and even if u block me for 20min i will still not accept low rating riders. There is a reason why they are rated low by drivers.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Happened to me a few months ago. A middle aged man booked from Old Street to Watford. His friend jumps in and he stays out as he booked the cab for his mate. 2 minutes into the journey his mate cancels the ride. I stopped the car and told him I can't continue with the ride without booking. Apparently his friend was trying to double book which isn't allowed of course.

Long story short, guy's phone magically dies and he offers me £50 cash. Wasn't happening, told him to get out of the car as it's illegal for me to take a ride without booking.

I can swear he was a tfl guy lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
How the hell do you know they were Romanians you filthy racist....
UOTE="HelloMate, post: 1233220, member: 53553"]Tonight I received a request, late night, I went to pick up the customer and in the street there were two men (highly dodgy looking) and a girl (all from east Europe, Romanians I think), she took a seat in the car I asked the name of the customer and one man from the window told me the right name.
I started the trip and I was driving towards the destination, after few minutes the "the client has canceled the ride" advise appeared on my device, I pulled straight away on a side of the road and I told her that her friend canceled the ride.
She said that was without money (strange coincidence ;)) and was calling her friend with speakerphone (voice mail of course ;)).
I said clear that my car It would not be moved to from where it was without a new booking. (I said to her it's illegal to do it).
After long time trying and bla bla bla... I said to her with my phone on hands "I clearly understand what's going on here, I'm already writing everything to Uber". Which I did let's see if they have something to paste this time as well.
End of the story she FINALLY left the car promising me a complaint bla bla bla...
Customer with 5 stars (off course he cancels always the ride in advance nobody can give him 1 star).

This time the scam went wrong :D:D:D[/QUOTE]
Hi

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
UOTE="HelloMate, post: 1233220, member: 53553"]Tonight I received a request, late night, I went to pick up the customer and in the street there were two men (highly dodgy looking) and a girl (all from east Europe, Romanians I think), she took a seat in the car I asked the name of the customer and one man from the window told me the right name.

He was not sure if they were.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

So now someone is racist only if pronounces the word Romanians...
I can feel your ignorance from here titi geo...
People like You use the word racist as a shield. So if I see East Europe people doing something illegal I'm not gonna do nothing only because someone like You will call me racist... Of course next time I'll keep going and once arrived at destination I'll give them some cash...

I can say, how the hell do You know that I don't know that they were Romanians?

·
Premium Member
11,869 Posts
problem with them romanians they know very well they are discovered from 1st minute but the are a very bad actors and actresses

1 - 19 of 19 Posts