Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want more proof that the Lyft AI discriminates, and intentionally tries to F you?

It is just after 3pm here on a Friday. Rush hour is in full swing. Beautiful sunny day, waaaaaay too many drivers to compete with.

I got a ping for a pickup 21 minutes away! The pickup is next to the largest mall in the state, at the intersection of 2 freeways.

For shits and giggles, I accepted. True to form, Lyft understated the pickup time. Now it is 28 minutes away. Imagine that!!!

Help me understand how this could happen. First, a driver gets the scheduled pickup reserved. Evidently they were not online quick enough, so it was conveniently sent elsewhere. Here I am, a HALF HOUR AWAY, with at least 50-60 Lyft cars in between is, and the ping is sent to me??!?!?

Closest driver, my arse!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have tested over and over after getting home at night HOW Lyft calculates their "estimated time" to arrive.. I've accepted "11 min away" pings only to find that the ACTUAL time once accepted was 20+ min.. when I got home that night, I went onto Waze and Google Maps and planned the same exact trip at a dead hour with no traffic and chose "fastest route". Sure enough, it came back with 11 min. I've concluded that their algorithm calculates the time based on the fastest route, assumes zero traffic, and assumes you will hit all green lights along the way.

They seem to do the exact OPPOSITE with "Estimated Ride Time". They show you the time based on the longest realistic route, so you get excited, only to realize when you pickup the pax that it was grossly overestimated.

</bullchit>

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Closest driver, my arse!!!!!
My arse?

How do you *know* there were 50-60 closer drivers? Did you check the rider app to view the 8 closest drivers?

The rider app helps to inform me if I really was singled out for this long pickup or if I truly am one of the closest drivers.

Why guess (your arse) when you can prove it in seconds using the rider app.

Should be easy to get screenshots from the Lyft rider app containing a few pindrops along the route which show some of those 50-60 drivers with no cars overlapping...

I would want to use the rider app to know for certain that I wasnt one of the 8 closest drivers despite getting a ping designed to go to the closest driver. The ping makes me question the saturation I am used to.

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My arse?

How do you *know* there were 50-60 closer drivers? Did you check the rider app to view the 8 closest drivers?

The rider app helps to inform me if I really was singled out for this long pickup or if I truly am one of the closest drivers.

Why guess (your arse) when you can prove it in seconds using the rider app.

Should be easy to get screenshots from the Lyft rider app containing a few pindrops along the route which show some of those 50-60 drivers with no cars overlapping...

I would want to use the rider app to know for certain that I wasnt one of the 8 closest drivers despite getting a ping designed to go to the closest driver. The ping makes me question the saturation I am used to.
Here are just a few screenshots taken now, between points A and B, there were many more cars earlier.

I may have been mistaken, maybe there were only 30 cars closer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
This has been going on all week in the Orlando area. They are giving rides 20, 30, 40 minutes away. And if you pass on them they keep trying to send them to you.

I finally figured out that it's better to just accept them and then turn away from where the ping is coming from and park the car for a few minutes.

The new handy dandy Lyft dispatch system will automatically cancel the ride in less than 3 minutes.

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts
Ecoregion White World Light Map
It glitches sometimes. I got offered this, 25 miles away, while there were probably literally 200 drivers closer to it.

Reactions: jgiun1 and Mista T

·
Premium Member
4,597 Posts
What the...

Had no idea such a feature existed.

How do I know what my status is?

I think I might be bronze.
I'm sand status now......the app should tell you when you reach different levels. They for sure alert you when you start to loss them with annoying ride counter, like your stupid and actually getting something out of the hustle.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts