Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of these are probably common sense, but i just want to make sure that i am doing things correctly. if you can answer any of these i would be grateful.

1. after accepting a passenger and on your way to pick them up should you send them a text introducing yourself and saying you are on your way? is it okay to just give them a call?

2. when you are waiting for a passenger and there is nowhere to park what should you do?

3. do you usually get out of the car to introduce yourself?

4.is it rude to have your navigation on telling you directions for the passenger's destination?

5. what navigation app do you use? i use google maps, but want to know if there are any better ones out there?

·
Registered
162 Posts
1.) No. Most of the time, you should not text or call. Riders can find it annoying. There are times it is approperiate, for example, if you are coordinating a pickup at a sports event, or the rider provided the address of a shopping center and you need more details, but generally, you should only call/text if there is a reason to communicate.

2.) You can't block traffic. You can either try to idle out of traffic, or circle the block.

3.) Sometimes if I'm picking up someone at a nice house, where it is safe to park and get out. If I'm picking you up on the curb by Light street, no.

4.) I use GPS for every trip. It shows the rider that I am taking the fastest route. When I travel and use cabs or Uber, I run GPS to keep them honest.

5.) Google Maps.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
1. No, plus txting and driving is illegal.
2. find a parking spot few feet or yards down the street of before the pax location. Call PAX, let them know you have arrived and where you are.
3. nope. Only for UberBlack and UberSuv.
4. i always use nav, but i have it set to mute.
5. I use Waze, better traffic info and it has traffic cams and speed cams.
6. When you arrive, call, use hands free at all times; Hi, this (your name) with Uber, how are you? Blah blah. Im at so and so location. Great, thanks, bye.
7. I dont read txts and i dont txt PAX. TXT and driving is illegal. Always call.
8. Use a cell phone holder for your phone; windshield mounted or air vent mounted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. No, plus txting and driving is illegal.
2. find a parking spot few feet or yards down the street of before the pax location. Call PAX, let them know you have arrived and where you are.
3. nope. Only for UberBlack and UberSuv.
4. i always use nav, but i have it set to mute.
5. I use Waze, better traffic info and it has traffic cams and speed cams.
6. When you arrive, call, use hands free at all times; Hi, this (your name) with Uber, how are you? Blah blah. Im at so and so location. Great, thanks, bye.
7. I dont read txts and i dont txt PAX. TXT and driving is illegal. Always call.
8. Use a cell phone holder for your phone; windshield mounted or air vent mounted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also new, and having a hard time navigating the uber sites to get answers.
1) Is there a driver support no..
2) how due you get the destination for the rider request before excepting? I took far away location on my 1st day when I was ready to call it a day, not knowing it was 70 mi from home :(
3) do I need to have my personal auto insurance revised?
4) how do I get my promo code to offer to riders?
6) is their a way for riders to request me?

·
Registered
126 Posts
My hubbys new our questions are
1.) when do you get your sign on bonus?
2.) Where does it state hours clocked in? for that you can know how close you are to guarantees?
3.) Uber gas card Yea or Neh?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
My hubbys new our questions are
1.) when do you get your sign on bonus?
2.) Where does it state hours clocked in? for that you can know how close you are to guarantees?
3.) Uber gas card Yea or Neh?
1. What bonus? Did you read the fine print??
2. Pen and paper.
3. Nope.

·
Registered
126 Posts
$500 sign on bonus after your first ride here in NYC.
Pen and paper really they want 200 hours for 5,000 a month.
Gas card cons??? it comes out straight up from pay check gas is 3.70 and up around here

·
Registered
5 Posts
$500 sign on bonus after your first ride here in NYC.
Pen and paper really they want 200 hours for 5,000 a month.
Gas card cons??? it comes out straight up from pay check gas is 3.70 and up around here
I received my bonus incentive of $500 as the referring party on my very next pay statement following my invitee making the required number of trips.....which in our case was only 5 trips. He received $100 bonus for signing on too!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I got my sign on bonus my first check I got my referral bonus after he completed 20 trips that same week.

They don't state hours online just hours driving between pick up and drop off. If the used online hours everyone would be making eight bucks an hour and you can't sell people $8 an hour

Check your credit score at creditkarma.com if it's good apply for a credit card chase usually has the lowest interest at 15% same does Capital One. If you want cash back get the Chase Freedom Card if you want airmiles get the chase Southwest card free round trip ticket guaranteed

·
Registered
33 Posts
I do get Cashback on my Capital One Quicksilver card too. You can choose cash, payment on acct, gift cards, or apply to air miles program. That's been a happy choice. You should be able to apply straight through Credit Karma.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Most of these are probably common sense, but i just want to make sure that i am doing things correctly. if you can answer any of these i would be grateful.

1. after accepting a passenger and on your way to pick them up should you send them a text introducing yourself and saying you are on your way? is it okay to just give them a call?

2. when you are waiting for a passenger and there is nowhere to park what should you do?

3. do you usually get out of the car to introduce yourself?

4.is it rude to have your navigation on telling you directions for the passenger's destination?

5. what navigation app do you use? i use google maps, but want to know if there are any better ones out there?
1. I have a standard text saved as a template that has saved me many wild goose chases to wrong locations. It says "This is Tony your Uber Driver. Do me a favor and check your pickup location. If it's correct you're all set, I'll see you in a few minutes - automated text". That works for me because it lets them know that if their pickup location is correct they don't need to write a response. I add the -automated text bit to let them know I'm not texting and driving.

2. Slow down enough so you can see if anyone is waiting there. If they are waiting and no one is behind you just stop and let them in real quick. If not drive to the nearest parking location and call them.

3. No, that will make it seem like you're trying too hard to curry their favor. Just park, let them in and go.

4. No, but keep the volume low. Loud enough so you can hear it without having to take your eyes off the road, but quiet so passengers can only barley hear it.

5, Google maps works best in my city, but try Waze. Waze it quicker to re-route you when it detects traffic, but often re-routes you to impossible left turns and side streets with kids and speed humps and school zones that actually take longer than just staying on the main route. Google only re-routes when traffic is really bad, and usually picks reasonable alternate routes that are still on main roads. USUALLY...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts