Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some woman in the car last night checking my route on her Iphone.
She had to be somewhere by 8pm..and kept saying things like "You should have turned right/left there"

"Ok" I said "You're paying so that gives you the right to tell me which way to go"

So she started to direct me, 8:35 we finally arrived....

If she had just left me to the driving we would have easily have been there before 8pm.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
Had some woman in the car last night checking my route on her Iphone.
She had to be somewhere by 8pm..and kept saying things like "You should have turned right/left there"

"Ok" I said "You're paying so that gives you the right to tell me which way to go"

So she started to direct me, 8:35 we finally arrived....

If she had just left me to the driving we would have easily have been there before 8pm.:rolleyes:
How low have you gone in life to be directed by a woman who can't drive herself? That's uber low.

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
How low have you gone in life to be directed by a woman who can't drive herself? That's uber low.
He got more money from her. She took longer route. More millage=more money. What is wrong with that as far as his interest concerned. I always encourage passengers to direct my driving regardless to anything. But each time they do they take longer route most of the time.

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
He got more money from her. She took longer route. More millage=more money. What is wrong with that as far as his interest concerned. I always encourage passengers to direct my driving regardless to anything. But each time they do they take longer route most of the time.
You can be made to look fool like a clown by her but not me thanks but she can keep her route to herself. I take her the my long way lol.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
You can be made to look fool like a clown by her but not me thanks but she can keep her route to herself. I take her the my long way lol.
In this case I do the same as he did, I just tell them " feel free to direct me", afterwards I drop a message to the operator's children, tell them that pax asked for that route, no chance of refund.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
That's why same person directs every uber till they see me.
So you must be the "Uber Vito driver that couldn't speak a work of English, refused pax directions, picked up from Park Lane to Brixton, was going up Edgware rd, till pax panicked and tried to jump out but door were locked from inside".. someone told me this a couple of days ago, hopefully not you as it was at norm price.

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
So you must be the "Uber Vito driver that couldn't speak a work of English, refused pax directions, picked up from Park Lane to Brixton, was going up Edgware rd, till pax panicked and tried to jump out but door were locked from inside".. someone told me this a couple of days ago, hopefully not you as it was at norm price.
Look, you don't go to a mechanic and tell him how to fix the engine and tell him which cable goes where and how to unscrew the nuts and bolts, right.
Same principle.
If you get in my car, it's my route to save my time and earn money in my car not ubers car, but it will be within the estimated fare that they accept when they book the ride.
if I want to do the servant thing then I get an s class and open doors for twice the money.
If they want vip service then they need to pay vip price in an s class. Then they can tell the driver to take the whatever hell route that they're paying money for.

That is fraud.
Only fraud if you are a dishonest Private Hire Driver or PHD. There's no dishonesty in not taking a set route as there isn't one. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to choose your own sat nav donut when you start the trip.
It's in their terms and conditions if you care to read them and that's why the fare is estimated and not guaranteed fixed fare. Double donut.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I hate it when they try and dictate and/or start checking on their maps.

I don't mind someone telling me which way he prefers on a long route journey.

I've told some to stfu and let me do my job.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.