Uber Drivers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the forum says: "Let it all out. Someone must feel for you and your gripes." I suppose that means I can post w/e I want here. I can just let it all out.

So I'm letting it all out. I got moderated by some childish jagoff with a weak self esteem and huge guilty conscience after making a joke that didn't violate any rules. So now I'm trying to figure out how to get this notification to go away:

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 7.26.04 PM.png

Clicking on it does nothing. It's just a permanent red "1" on the bell. How do I fix this? Anyone? Bueller? Mod without a sense of humor? Someone?

·
Banned
8,809 Posts
Oh this wont end well.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
You talked about moderator actions
in a way that was against thu rules would be my guess..
1 of three strikes toward
permanent banishment maybe???

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You talked about moderator actions
in a way that was against thu rules would be my guess..
1 of three strikes toward
permanent banishment maybe???
Cool story, bro. So, anyways, how to fix this issue which has more importance than the nonsense you just obsessed about?

·
Premium Member
6,701 Posts
Do you have Javascript disabled on your browser? You mentioned in another thread having an "ADA approved" computer, can you elaborate?

Clicking on the bell icon uses Javascript to update its status and tell the server that you clicked on it, thus resetting.

Some people disable Javascript because they believe it is a security concern, when it really is not - and most sites rely on it.

·
Premium Member
6,701 Posts
@UberChiefPIT can you please respond? I was able to replicate the issue by disabling Javascript on my browser.

You have asked for help in two threads, I hope to assist you in resolving this. And thank you for your service.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Google chrome. JS is enabled on my laptop.

And yet this notification doesn't go away even if I look at the page from safari on my phone.

·
Premium Member
6,701 Posts
Google chrome. JS is enabled on my laptop.

And yet this notification doesn't go away even if I look at the page from safari on my phone.
But other notifications go away? If so, this must be a "sticky" notification due to the reason, as @25rides7daysaweek was suggesting.

Another possibility is a poor Internet connection or maybe even an error in software that this site uses.

Clicking the bell sends information behind the scenes. You can monitor what the response is to that request and see if there is an error. I can walk you through that.

However, if other notifications appear and then it stays at 1 after the new one(s) clear, probably due to the nature of the notification.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Talking about moderation on any and most every forum is a great way to get dinged b y moderation.

I guess now you know.

I knew this 15 years ago, its not new nor a new concept.

Reactions: Kurt Halfyard

·
Premium Member
6,701 Posts
Talking about moderation on any and most every forum is a great way to get dinged b y moderation.

I guess now you know.

I knew this 15 years ago, its not new nor a new concept.
Fair but I think there may be a technical explanation here.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also sent a PM, no reply. Tried to help.

Technical problem or that specific notification?
I didn't reply because I don't feel comfortable giving a total stranger "screen share" access to my computer.

The notification is still there; it's an unclickable link. It's pretty obvious at this point it's not a problem on my end but instead the forum.

·
Premium Member
6,701 Posts
I didn't reply because I don't feel comfortable giving a total stranger "screen share" access to my computer.

The notification is still there; it's an unclickable link. It's pretty obvious at this point it's not a problem on my end but instead the forum.
It was a genuine offer to help. And might want to read up on how Zoom and other options work, they are secure.

Good luck to you. Might want to check the attitude.

·
Premium Member
16,394 Posts
I got moderated by some childish jagoff with a weak self esteem and huge guilty conscience after making a joke that didn't violate any rules. So now I'm trying to figure out how to get this notification to go away:

View attachment 517408
This is absolutely heartbreaking!!

Obviously, you have been unfairly targeted, and those morons and childish jagoffs should make a global, forum wide public apology to you and your family.

Your username/nic clearly indicates you are a brave member and proud chief of our land's first peoples and have been singled out for a virtual scalping. This type of member abuse is totally and unreservedly against every principle upon which this great nation was built.

I think you should also take this a step further by sending each of the moderators a personal message demanding their written resignation be on your desk by close of business today!

Furthermore and going forward, I would suggest you make it very clear to admin that you will no longer tolerate moderation of any type or description. Nuff said!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.