Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, whats the backup plan for you fulltimers if uber leaves Houston like they did in Austin? Its sad theres no other ride sharing option for drivers in big city like Houston

·
Registered
112 Posts
My prediction is Uber pulls out the first week of August after all the folks who did not get a property tax rendition have their TNC stickers voided after July 31st.

My evidence is the lack of communication Uber gives its drivers via text messages and email blasts concerning the TNC sticker renewal process. I figure a company that cared about keeping its market share would not be so hands off in allowing such a negative spike in driver eligibility.

My own backup plan is GetMe.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You do not need to fill out a rendition form to renew the TNC permit on the windshield. Just bring your most current registration, Not one renewed from a grocery store. And make sure your car is ready to pass inspection, including the fire extinguisher. No need to go inside. Just drive to the inspection area.

I doubt Uber will leave Houston. The number one reason is they already agreed to the background checks last year. They even showed everyone the process of getting the background check, physical, warrant check, and vehicle inspection. They then even helped people buy and lease cars. Since they already agreed to the rules last year and now want to leave. I can see lawsuits flying from drivers that bought cars for Uber.
The difference between Houston and Austin is, Uber left it up to the voters in Austin. Uber never agreed to the background checks there. So they are free to leave if they start doing fingerprinting.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My prediction is Uber pulls out the first week of August after all the folks who did not get a property tax rendition have their TNC stickers voided after July 31st.

My evidence is the lack of communication Uber gives its drivers via text messages and email blasts concerning the TNC sticker renewal process. I figure a company that cared about keeping its market share would not be so hands off in allowing such a negative spike in driver eligibility.

My own backup plan is GetMe.
I got a mail from city of houston instead telling me i need to renew my sticker. Heard nothing from uber. GETme rates are nice but only few people know about it. They could be the next big one in houston if they invest in advertising.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Uber will never leave Houston in my opinion. Our public transportation system is probably the worst in the nation and they know it. They'd be stupid if they ever did leave. I just wish another company would come in and take a piece of Uber's pie. GetMe is a joke due to their non-existant advertising/marketing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts