Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
I am not sure this is new. I know 2 people who have been banned from airports due to cancellation rates of pax at the airport and that's been nearly 1.5-2 yes ago when I first heard about others as well. However to be honest I don't know what the communication from Uber or Lyft looks like. Is this something new? Anti-cherrypicking?

·
Premium Member
7,763 Posts
Same ones that support this measure cry baby for rates?Let me be clear. If I do not get any labor protections or benefits.
If I am a real IC , I WILL CHOOSE WHERE AND WHEN I WORK.The day they offer hourly guarantees , workers comp and benefits , then they ll direct me what to do.This BS of IC but with all the responsibilities of an employee has to STOP. Period.Either we are IC or employees.
And to the one that do not understand this point now, you will not understand it even if it is explain to you.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Im a guilty cherry picker but I just use the name and rating to determine which rides to take on. Doesn't always work out in my favor though.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but are airport surges no longer allowed to be used outside of the airport? I had what I thought was a 8 dollar sticky but I didn't get it on my next request.

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
Im a guilty cherry picker but I just use the name and rating to determine which rides to take on. Doesn't always work out in my favor though.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but are airport surges no longer allowed to be used outside of the airport? I had what I thought was a 8 dollar sticky but I didn't get it on my next request.
No on Uber I don't think you can Mario kart airport queue surge

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

at least you didn't start a whole new thread

·
Premium Member
26,817 Posts
Sorry for those that dislike it.... you know how you make money at airports? Dont sit in 100 person queues and then get mad when you get a $5 ride to Reston or Old town.
The only time that I will sit in an airport TNC yard is if I want to take a nap. Forty or so cars in front of me usually renders a twenty to thirty minute nap. I do make occasional exceptions. Sunday, I had business in Timonium. I was going south on I-95 when I saw the exit for Friendship Airport and thought, "Why not try it, see if you get something that takes you back to Washington?". There were forty or so Uber cars and just under forty Lyft cars ahead of me. I napped for about twenty minutes, stirred, sat another ten when Gryft pinged me first.

...............nice young lady; went to Gaithersburg...................I would have preferred the D.C., but, it was the Statistical Washington Metropolitan Area, so, I was allright...............no tip........perhaps I should go back and one-star her, perhaps not.............at least I did not have to get after Gryft for the Intercounty Connector tolls; they added them automatically.............

That was my first and only TNC pick-up at Friendship Airport.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
The only time that I will sit in an airport TNC yard is if I want to take a nap. Forty or so cars in front of me usually renders a twenty to thirty minute nap. I do make occasional exceptions. Sunday, I had business in Timonium. I was going south on I-95 when I saw the exit for Friendship Airport and thought, "Why not try it, see if you get something that takes you back to Washington?". There were forty or so Uber cars and just under forty Lyft cars ahead of me. I napped for about twenty minutes, stirred, sat another ten when Gryft pinged me first.

...............nice young lady; went to Gaithersburg...................I would have preferred the D.C., but, it was the Statistical Washington Metropolitan Area, so, I was allright...............no tip........perhaps I should go back and one-star her, perhaps not.............at least I did not have to get after Gryft for the Intercounty Connector tolls; they added them automatically.............

That was my first and only TNC pick-up at Friendship Airport.
You can't go back and change ratings anymore. I 1 star right away. Paxholes should tip cash anyways.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.