Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
As far as I know some medallions have been sold for around $50 k. But there is a huge lawsuit against the county for a billion, hopefully the owners will get some of the money they invested LEGALLY in the taxi business

·
Registered
909 Posts
The owners who bought medallions from the city of Miami for $320,000..will most likely be reimbursed. This was as recent as 3 years ago.

Those sold on the open market, this litigation so far has not been good for the Taxi medallion.

The actual sale or fee collected from the County is most likely the end result of a billion dollar lawsuit.

Anyone who buys a medallion in this market is crazy for even a dollar. There's fees and obligations that come with them.

This Summer is going to be brutal for all, and the Taxi and driver will simply be idle.

Uber may come and go, what is gone is the Taxi in Miami. Is that a bad idea?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
The owners who bought medallions from the city of Miami for $320,000..will most likely be reimbursed. This was as recent as 3 years ago.

Those sold on the open market, this litigation so far has not been good for the Taxi medallion.

The actual sale or fee collected from the County is most likely the end result of a billion dollar lawsuit.

Anyone who buys a medallion in this market is crazy for even a dollar. There's fees and obligations that come with them.

This Summer is going to be brutal for all, and the Taxi and driver will simply be idle.

Will you be taking a vacation this summer? Be a good sport and do hurricane season with us.

·
Registered
27 Posts

What do you mean by the Taxi in Miami??? When tv channels went to your office you couldn't answer straight. This is the answer you should have given:
This is a deal between Uber and the county to eliminate local Taxi Cartels, corruption ect .
What you couldn't predict was Uber collateral damages can put many other businesses at risk.
Working for the county is better than running your own transportation business at this point, but not for long.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Have to agree with Frank Milito.

If I were younger I would be a buyer @ +/-$40K
The for-hire licence. You will pay someone to tow away pissmobile.
Why would I buy something anyone can do with a black chevy Tahoe and some business cards ???
If I buy a yellow all eyes will be on top of me . No even Police mess with Uber ! I can do whatever the F*** I want . Lol

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How long will you pay for Tahoe? When it wears out what will you have besides more payments due? You never had these problems with pissmobile.
Now that medical marijuana will be in Florida my Tahoeee can last longer. I'm sure driving for the untouchables can give me some advantages in a saturated market.. Do you want some??? Lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts