Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a ride today. Pax entered wrong address, put us off course by 10 minutes. I asked where we was going before I started and he said LaQuinta. I said ok, and followed the gps.
As we got closer he said I was going wrong way from his (smartphone) directions. Is the pax following on Uber gps, or their own? Fare was prob double what it should have been.
I'm expecting a complaint, but who knows?

·
Banned
919 Posts
Use help issue after the ride ends and explain your case before they do. Get as much info as possible fro. The rider so you can state that in the Fare issue. I had one that they put in the wrong hotel (same name) and went a mile out of the way. The rider apologized for wrong one but I sent Uber an email just in case they try to change it.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Laquinta? The one on main rd in donkeyville?

No, the one on Higgins in Schaumburg.

Ah, cool.. Crisis averted.

It happened to me a couple times.. Always confirm the address of a business!!!

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
That makes no sense, they are already in the car, trip started, wrong DESTINATION, not pickup.
Oops my bad in Micky Ds play area with my son...lost focus.

As for the trip you/we are screwed if PAX complains and OUR GPS in fact gave incorrect directions to proper address. The tip they gave you will make up the difference

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pax had already entered the address before he got in my car. I normally don't even ask where we're going. I just follow the gps. His fault as far as I'm concerned. I was just wondering how Uber deals with this. I'm sure it happens routinely. No complaint so far.....

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
As said above, use the help issue on the ride and explain what happened to Uber.

I had a situation where the passengers got in the car and gave me only a street number/name for a location in Dallas. As I began typing the address in, they also submitted the destination via the rider app. It turned out that this particular address would always select an identical street number/name in a neighboring city (which was ~30 miles away vs. ~9 miles). I drove the passengers to the neighboring city, and as we arrived at the address they explained where they were trying to reach - so I then again attempted to correct the destination in the Uber app, and it would simply not navigate to the correct address (would 100% attempt to navigate to the neighboring city, even after fully typing the address and city name). [Note: This was before the iOS app used external navigation]. I finally used Google Maps and got them to their destination. All in all it ended up being around a $75/fare for an hour drive.

I contacted Uber and explained the above, and mentioned that their application appeared to be at fault with this address, and I felt that it was unfair for the passenger to be required to pay the excessive fair - but that I also felt I should not be penalized any of the fare for the miles I drove. The support rep (claimed) that he comped the passengers, and the original fare was left on my earnings for the month. YMMV.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I'm done driving for Uber. I deleted the app from my phone. The risk is too great. I'm very fortunate, I have a good job. No need to be risking my future earnings to pay for a bad accident, or someone falling while they're trying to get in or out of my car.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Thanks. I'm done driving for Uber. I deleted the app from my phone. The risk is too great. I'm very fortunate, I have a good job. No need to be risking my future earnings to pay for a bad accident, or someone falling while they're trying to get in or out of my car.
Smart man!! 5 stars for you and 10000 likes :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Pax had already entered the address before he got in my car. I normally don't even ask where we're going. I just follow the gps. His fault as far as I'm concerned. I was just wondering how Uber deals with this. I'm sure it happens routinely. No complaint so far.....
When a passenger gets in the car, I always confirm destination address, this has saved me on many occasions.

If you get into a routine of things you say to a passenger you will never forget to ask the important questions.

I greet passengers this way:
1: "Hello".
2: "How are you?"
3: "Going to ...... on easy street, correct?"

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I just ask a generic "So where are we going today?". That way not only will they confirm where they want to go, but also as long as the same info is in the app I can be certain it's the correct passenger.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My guess is that rider put in LaQuinta but not the one he wanted to go to, then tried to blame his mistake on you, as if you're supposed to know where he wants to go better than he does.

The other day I had people going to a Walmart that required driving past another Walmart. When we passed the first one, they said that's the one they wanted. OK, they should have put that in as the destination then since I'm not a mindreader. I made a U-turn to get them there and their mistake cost them maybe an extra 50 cents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts