Uber Drivers Forum banner

So what do you guys think of the new Lyft luxury service with 2x fares?

2K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  WaterTowerTransit 
#1 ·
Thoughts?

#10 ·
It's certainly less strict than other market's Uber Select. I mean, I'd honestly prefer, as a customer, a Toyota Avalon, Kia K900 or Cadenza, a Maxima, even a Chrysler 200 (2015 +) over a 2010 IS 250 or a 2008 3 Class. But, that's just me.
Definitely not a proven market here yet. If you got it, great... If you're contemplating upgrading for it, stop. It makes more sense to go 6 seats rather than upgrade to Select, IMO. Better to just stick with what you gotz.

#12 ·
I've been looking on the passenger app near my home, and I'm seeing a ton of Uber black cars all over the place. They're like the giant black ants. This is a blue-collar neighborhood why are all of these Uber blacks parked all over a blue-collar residential neighborhood?

#25 ·
Had my first "Premier" ride today. So I'm sitting in Morristown around 9:30am today and Uber is pretty much dead so I switch to Lyft. I soon get a "Premier" ping but it's 14 minutes away. I normally don't take anything over 10 minutes away but it was a very slow morning (despite the weather) and I figured it's Premier at $2.04 per mile so I figure why not?

Waze takes me to Boonton and I hit the arrival button starting the countdown clock. After about 10 minutes there is still no pax so I call her & tell her I'm outside. She comes out with her kid & says we have 2 stops (the first is dropping her kid at kindergarten & then her job not far after). As we get to the kid's school we have to sit there & wait our turn in a parent drop off queue. After this I drop her at her job and close out the ride. I figure since it's "Premier," I will do ok with all the extra wait time, additional drop off, inclement weather & 14 minutes just to get to her.

So what do I net after Lyft takes their commission after all this?

A whopping $6.64.

"Premier" indeed...:rolleyes:

#29 ·
One of the posters said here. Lyft is that well known, I drive premier and rarely get any pings. Rich neighborhoods? Forget it, those people go for cheap. Your best is airport, some new lottery winner might wanna flash it's winnings or maybe that new gang raper wants to show his class by riding Lux.... good luck Lyft is not as popular as Uber

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.