Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
If this is similar to Uber Black? If yes, I say no.

Uber Black is dead. If I was to move up from X. I would have to do SUV. That can do black and XL. A used Lincoln MKT.

Also, Lyft in jersey. Demand is not that great. Unless you drive in certain area.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this is similar to Uber Black? If yes, I say no.

Uber Black is dead. If I was to move up from X. I would have to do SUV. That can do black and XL. A used Lincoln MKT.

Also, Lyft in jersey. Demand is not that great. Unless you drive in certain area.
I think it's more like a Uber Select than Black. Like mid tier.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
If you have the car already that is qualified for Premier. Then yes. Why not. It doesn't cost you anything. Also, I believe they take out 30%.

BUT DO NOT BUY A NEW/USED CAR TO DO PREMIER.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
So I just got my first premier ping it was 19 minutes away was I wrong for not excepting and I didn't know my vehicle was eligible 2015 Lincoln MK T with OL plates does anybody have a vehicle list or a link to it please

·
Registered
624 Posts
When did this start in NJ ?? I'm pretty sure you can find a used 08-10 to do this but used cars are at a premium now because of income taxes lol

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
It's certainly less strict than other market's Uber Select. I mean, I'd honestly prefer, as a customer, a Toyota Avalon, Kia K900 or Cadenza, a Maxima, even a Chrysler 200 (2015 +) over a 2010 IS 250 or a 2008 3 Class. But, that's just me.
Definitely not a proven market here yet. If you got it, great... If you're contemplating upgrading for it, stop. It makes more sense to go 6 seats rather than upgrade to Select, IMO. Better to just stick with what you gotz.

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
I've been looking on the passenger app near my home, and I'm seeing a ton of Uber black cars all over the place. They're like the giant black ants. This is a blue-collar neighborhood why are all of these Uber blacks parked all over a blue-collar residential neighborhood?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I've been looking on the passenger app near my home, and I'm seeing a ton of Uber black cars all over the place. They're like the giant black ants. This is a blue-collar neighborhood why are all of these Uber blacks parked all over a blue-collar residential neighborhood?
Omg. They have no clue! Lol. I just cannnn't! Lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
That could be the end of Uber Black in NJ as we know it. Uber will match those low rates and add luxury cars to their fleet with private plates.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
OK after 24 hours of Lyft Premier here is what I have noticed :
I am only getting premier request no regular calls or lift lines and I'm making more money less work different class of people it seems to be a blessing in the disguise

4 premier ride yesterday all within Ocean County $176.21 5 1/2 hours online

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
OK after 24 hours of Lyft Premier here is what I have noticed :
I am only getting premier request no regular calls or lift lines and I'm making more money less work different class of people it seems to be a blessing in the disguise

4 premier ride yesterday all within Ocean County $176.21 5 1/2 hours online
nice! I was wrong about Premier. Daum on a Tuesday night.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts