Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today when attempting to log on uber decided that today was a great day to give me the message "Driver account not active"! No warnings before they apparently deactivated me and last I checked my rating was a 4.83? No issues with riders recently, (I avoid the drunk shift) and no communication to me in any way before or even after they decided to pull the plug on my account. I had to find out while attempting to sign in on a weekend where I needed the money more than ever for some important bills due next week where I could lose service if not paid! Thanks Uber for your excellent business practices and communication! Uber on everyone!

Btw I did send out a help request email to Uber so waiting to hear back but if I don't get reactived by tomorrow latest I am screwed bill wise.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So today when attempting to log on uber decided that today was a great day to give me the message "Driver account not active"! No warnings before they apparently deactivated me and last I checked my rating was a 4.83? No issues with riders recently, (I avoid the drunk shift) and no communication to me in any way before or even after they decided to pull the plug on my account. I had to find out while attempting to sign in on a weekend where I needed the money more than ever for some important bills due next week where I could lose service if not paid! Thanks Uber for your excellent business practices and communication! Uber on everyone!

Btw I did send out a help request email to Uber so waiting to hear back but if I don't get reactived by tomorrow latest I am screwed bill wise.
24hrs is the time table for reactivation

·
Registered
23 Posts
You may have already done this, but it could help to log into the portal to see if there's any error messages on the account. Sometimes, it could be that your paperwork is either not there or out of date.

At any rate, that sucks man. Hope it gets resolved soon.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Well, that cinches it. I will keep my Public Permits, continue to pay the fees to the local government and know....They won't pull the plug on me. .... You reap what you sow.....UBER NOT!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Got an error today when I tried to end trip. Not sure if it's related, but the trip did end up in the payments for this week. The app is always glitchy when it's just been updated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello, so sorry to hear about this! We are glad you brought this to our attention because we are always trying to make the experience better for our riders and drivers here at uber! Looks like you are good to go and have been activated so you can start taking trips at any time! Glad to be able to help you in any way I can! Uber on!

In a nutshell uber's canned response basically answered zero of my questions as to why I was deactivated, and ignored the fact that they cost me a whole 2 days of earnings (I'm at my reg job rest of tonight) which I expressed specific concern about when I emailed them. So yeah no reason or warning given about pulling the plug on my account, and nothing I did wrong on my end because they reactivated me after I complained. So just know uber will deactivate you without warning as they see fit at any time (too many local drivers, not making them enough profit in minimum fares, etc.)

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts

Keep emailing support. Be extra nice (kiss up big time). Tell them how u value your job and love helping your community be safe Ect.... They should respond back soon. Tell them u will never do that again if there is an issue. You should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts