Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I attempted to get the $30 an hour guarantee this week and think I failed miserable again, but for a different reason than before. I got plenty of trips this time and I was at 100% acceptance, so figured I had it made. On my last trip the passenger had multiply stops but didn't know where the final stop would be. I get 3 or 4 minutes from the first stop and start to get pings, I can't accept them so I let them pass through, 4 total passes. So there goes the acceptance rate. I emailed support to ask them what I should have done and this is the response.

"If possible, you can call the other rider and ask to cancel the request in their end. A rider canceling a trip will never count against your acceptance rate. When calculating your acceptance rate, we only consider the number of requests that you did not accept."

So I accept, then call and ask them to cancel??

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
For some reason I attempted to get the $30 an hour guarantee this week and think I failed miserable again, but for a different reason than before. I got plenty of trips this time and I was at 100% acceptance, so figured I had it made. On my last trip the passenger had multiply stops but didn't know where the final stop would be. I get 3 or 4 minutes from the first stop and start to get pings, I can't accept them so I let them pass through, 4 total passes. So there goes the acceptance rate. I emailed support to ask them what I should have done and this is the response.

"If possible, you can call the other rider and ask to cancel the request in their end. A rider canceling a trip will never count against your acceptance rate. When calculating your acceptance rate, we only consider the number of requests that you did not accept."

All while you're driving, and with a pax in the car.... Nice, huh?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Every time I encounter this situation, I don't have the extra trip lined up anymore. I don't know if the system automatically detects the change in address, or if the pax gets tired of waiting.

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts

ALWAYS accept. Then, just ignore the pax. They will get the hint. Eventually they will cancel on their own.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Better accept and let them cancel without calling. If you drive and talk on the phone????? 1*. Idiots uber csr telling us to talk and drive same time? Nice.

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
Either change the destination in the Uber app, or have the rider do it. The stacked ping will go away when the destination in your app gets changed.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts

A ludicrous Uber response! I feel for you, bro.

·
Registered
566 Posts

Next time accept the first one and go on with your business,if pax call you explain that you still have another pax in the vehicle and that he can cancel if doesn't want to wait,since you accepted that you wont receive any more so you would be fine if this pax cancel and you got another pin repeat the steps already described ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts