Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd call that a disincentive considering the real payout, IF you meet their complicated requirements, is between $11.80 and $12.56. Once you back out your gas, you're probably below min. wage, currently $10.50 in CA. If I'm not making at least $15/hour, I'm not driving.

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
Pretty lame compared to what Lyft is giving the LA guys.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been busy actually. Spontaneous surges and several long distance trips. I've been a lot online though. I can see things slowing down soon with the exception of the music festivals!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Its been a awesome 2 weekends for me so far! for only working Fri and Sat night. Lyft has been prime timing a lot more often around hunters and the village pub. Usually around 350% or 4.5x for those who can't do the math, lol. After the music festivals are done at the end of April then driving is pretty much over with. You have 2 splash house events during the summer and then really nothing unless they do another Desert Trip and then Thanksgiving

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's not about "slow" or "busy". Everyone who drives just need to be smarter. Drive in peak times. During the end of events, before "rush hour" go offline. We can all help make to surge increase. Don't take base fare rides knowing that it's about to surge.

For example. towards the times if 1:30am-2am, go offline and sign-out. Wait until 1:45am or so then sign back in. To see this happen, just become a rider check you're fair estimates. It will appear that there are not enough drivers in the area. Surge and Primtime is based on supply and demand. If we drivers "appear" offline... the demand will surge and primetime will get into bigger numbers. When that happens .... we pounce.

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
^^^ Ya it does work that way. But not always a workable plan doing the day shift.

It does appear the surge has been turned up. And possibly some drivers have quit.

I keep getting pings 10+, longest 21 and a 4,52 rating, I just laughed.

I've probably let more than a dozen time out since last week. Acceptance @ 70%

Reactions: RogerJS

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^ Ya it does work that way. But not always a workable plan doing the day shift.

It does appear the surge has been turned up. And possibly some drivers have quit.

I keep getting pings 10+, longest 21 and a 4,52 rating, I just laughed.

I've probably let more than a dozen time out since last week. Acceptance @ 70%
Surge is low again mid week and long p/u distance your right .. 20 to 40 mins on some .. I'm done to 75 on acceptance from 88

There was a poor sucker at the Hyatt 4.3 rating wanted to go to LAX yesterday.. no one took him he was still looking for a ride this morning

·
Registered
398 Posts
oh wow, you didnt take the LAX trip? id take it if it was at least 2.5x surge! but other than that, its 2 hours and id max out the fare probably

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh wow, you didnt take the LAX trip? id take it if it was at least 2.5x surge! but other than that, its 2 hours and id max out the fare probably
Nope .. 1.3 x surge at 2:00 in the afternoon.. figure 3 plus hours there and 4 hours back .. 7 hours of driving in that traffic ... no thank you !
I turned down at least 6 requested trips to LAX on the past 3 weeks .. of course no surge ... but I still wouldn't take it for under a 3 x surge

·
Registered
398 Posts
ya like i said at least 2.5x surge to even be considered... if it was XL at 2.5 then i may do it! I did a Ontario run after Desert Trip once and wasn't too bad. but only if it surges will I do that again!

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
Ya base fare would be about 130-140 net from there. Sure you could dead mile to OC to avoid pool, takes an hr mon-fri down the 405, then restart the app to get the filter. No point in coming home til 8pm at the earliest. And at best the filter may get you to Yorba LInda or Anaheim Hills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts