Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTH.. Why are there still droves of ants out at 2am on a Monday?

Because Uber is a evil genius.. with Quest and their other games. You gotta be a little awestruck by the power they have over the ants.

I never thought I’d be trolling around dark sketchy areas of DC at 2 am to finish quest.. but here I am... They got me, and many others right where they want us.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
WTH.. Why are there still droves of ants out at 2am on a Monday?

Because Uber is a evil genius.. with Quest and their other games. You gotta be a little awestruck by the power they have over the ants.

I never thought I'd be trolling around dark sketchy areas of DC at 2 am to finish quest.. but here I am... They got me, and many others right where they want us.
I said it many times before - Quest is a form of slavery imposed by Uber.

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
9 our of my 16 rides yesterday to get my 125 quest were pool rides. Over half. All base rate. For as big of a critical I have been of pool, Uber has won.. as long as they offer me a good quest. This week? 28 rides for 50? No damn way Dara. Not your ant this week. Go make love to a goat

·
Premium Member
6,972 Posts
Non essential government workers have to pay bills, too.
A common question that gets asked every time we have these shutdowns is "if they're non-essential, why are they on the payroll at all?"

Of course, some of those who ask that rhetorical question are trying to be funny, because the obvious answer is that for example, a federal worker whose job is cashier at a govt cafeteria is a non-essential worker as opposed to a Capitol Police officer who is essential.

I will say I believe the federal govt is obese, and needs to go on a strict diet.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Yes. Uber has won. And they’ve been winning for a while now.

At first...
Drivers wouldn’t drive for regular rates.
Now they’re 6 on every block just to make $3.75/$4.

Drivers wouldn’t do pool.
Now almost every does pool to make their quest a lot faster.

Uber doesn’t care about drivers. Only paxs. That’s why they’ll pay Boost/Quest just to get it not to surge. And they’re just waiting for the driverless cars so they don’t have to pay us anything.

·
Premium Member
6,972 Posts
Yes. Uber has won. And they've been winning for a while now.

At first...
Drivers wouldn't drive for regular rates.
Now they're 6 on every block just to make $3.75/$4.

Drivers wouldn't do pool.
Now almost every does pool to make their quest a lot faster.

Uber doesn't care about drivers. Only paxs. That's why they'll pay Boost/Quest just to get it not to surge. And they're just waiting for the driverless cars so they don't have to pay us anything.
Uber could take the money they spend on boosts,quests, referrals,etc, and give drivers a hefty base rate increase.

They choose not to because they wouldn't be able control the drivers like puppets on a string.

So they use food deprivation (poor base rates) as a weapon of control, by forcing poorly paid and desperate drivers into chasing "incentives" as a means of making up for lost income due to the poor base rates.

The end result of this exploitation is that uber gets to enjoy the benefits of employee-style control over drivers who are supposed to be independent contractors.

I've posted it before and many others have as well, but I'll say it again...

The very idea that we as supposed independent contractors aren't allowed to know the destination before accepting a trip is unbelievable.

No business operates that way.

If you read various consumer-oriented blogs on the internet, pax vigorously object to the very idea that drivers should know the destination in advance, lest they do something as sinful as cherry-pick to maximize their revenue.

The fact that virtually every other type of business enterprise cherry picks seems to escape them.

They demand we be available to take them wherever and whenever they want to go, regardless of whether the driver actually makes money or not.

The bloggers then say if drivers don't like it, they should quit.

Suffice to say, based on the tone of those blogs as well as public comments from consumer advocates, we shouldn't expect a whole lot of sympathy from the public at large about our situation.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
I was one of them had 8 rides to goto for quest they hung the carrot for 100 extra and I fell for it smfh gave up went home it was a hopeless endeavour and I dont have the luck of desertrose to convince them to let me pass

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Finished 65 for 195 at 11:45 pm. I know your pain and frustration with an intimacy I am not proud of.

As per driving. I’m about to switch to only morning rush and then do the weekend shift...and go from full time to part time sooner than laterz.

One example was Saturday ...trying to stack pings to meet quota and got baserate uberx rides that would leave me in Vienna...so I turn around and head back to dc...and only once I get to dc...another ping...out to Vienna.

So with the deadmiles I’m getting paid half of what is ALREADY A BULLSHIT SUBSISTENCE WAGE.

And my time to get the quest? Borked...

So I have to literally guess which zones and which rides are going to give me maximum return upon completion...not just money...but also time and dead miles.

I’m at the point of denying service if it doesn’t work for quest.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
this should make some of your heads explode...but im still reaching my personal hourly goals.

yall can call me an ant all you want. i said it before and i'll say it again, if uber is going to throw an achievable quest at me for over $3/ride, I will accept every ride thats within 6 minutes of me including uberpoop

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts