Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking next Wednesday probably. Emergency declared, all apps will disable access. Usually the government starts freaking out when you get 500-1000 new cases a day.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
769 Posts
I'm thinking next Wednesday probably. Emergency declared, all apps will disable access.

Your thoughts?
Personally, I don't think there will be mandatory disabling across the board. I have no facts or knowledge of political policies to support that, it's just that I don't see it happening...because, free will. Could absolutely be wrong, though.

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally, I don't think there will be mandatory disabling across the board. I have no facts or knowledge of political policies to support that, it's just that I don't see it happening...because, free will. Could absolutely be wrong, though.
Well I live in Florida and Uber and Lyft have both cut off the app when the storms hit and then for days afterwards. I would be shocked if they don't cut off access if a quarantine is announced.

probably a couple more days.
Very much possible.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Well I live in Florida and Uber and Lyft have both cut off the app when the storms hit and then for days afterwards. I would be shocked if they don't cut off access if a quarantine is announced.
That's a little different, because you put emergency personnel at risk if you're on the road and you start to float or fly away. IF, and that's a big IF, a state/country decides to quarantine everyone and say no one can be on the roads, then yes I can see them turning the apps off. However, I don't think they will quarantine everyone - no one can go outside for weeks or months at a time? Again, just what I think... I really don't *know*. 😁

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a little different, because you put emergency personnel at risk if you're on the road and you start to float or fly away. IF, and that's a big IF, a state/country decides to quarantine everyone and say no one can be on the roads, then yes I can see them turning the apps off. However, I don't think they will quarantine everyone - no one can go outside for weeks or months at a time? Again, just what I think... I really don't *know*. 😁
The only thing we really have against it is that the current administration seems prone to minimizing it. So it might just be delayed a bit from happening but i do think eventually it will.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The only thing we really have against it is that the current administration seems prone to minimizing it. So it might just be delayed a bit from happening but i do think eventually it will.
Well, as long as my flight to Florida makes it there on the 21st and the rental car company is open to give me my convertible...I'm good... 😉

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well then if they stop Uber and Lyft, they can stop taxis, trains, busses, airplanes and ships.
Not happening.
Those will largely stop too. Look to Italy to see our future. The difference is the Trump administration is more against that sort of thing so it might take a bit longer but it will probably happen. I expect Uber and Lyft to voluntarily do it without being required by the government. That is what they do for the hurricanes...

·
Registered
367 Posts
don't worry, trump thinks this is all going away in April with the heat
No need to worry. The conman is now saying that his wall will help with the Covid 19 pandemic.

"The Democrat policy of open borders is a direct threat to the health and wellbeing of all Americans," he said at a rally in South Carolina. "Now, you see it with the coronavirus."

I don't understand how warmer weather will help. Isn't one of the larger centers of the outbreak in California, one of the warmest states in the nation.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Wont happen unless its very bad . Were not there yet so i will say 3 weeks .
Keep in mind this virus is in your body up to 14 days before you even know your sick.
Well here its starting to move in on my city of Detroit Mi.
Will say 1 person affects 10 and those ten affect 100 and so on and on .
I Think in 2 weeks the possible seriousness could come out.
so in week 4 places will start to shut down . Groceries will be sold outside somebody will bring them out for you to pay ,
Nobody will be allowed to go inside . Again if it gets bad .
other news here you go .

·
Registered
129 Posts
What a bunch of bedwetters! Even funnier is the TDS!

Wont happen unless its very bad . Were not there yet so i will say 3 weeks .
Keep in mind this virus is in your body up to 14 days before you even know your sick.
Well here its starting to move in on my city of Detroit Mi.
Will say 1 person affects 10 and those ten affect 100 and so on and on .
I Think in 2 weeks the possible seriousness could come out.
so in week 4 places will start to shut down . Groceries will be sold outside somebody will bring them out for you to pay ,
Nobody will be allowed to go inside . Again if it gets bad .
other news here you go .
"Washington State has banned gatherings of more than 200 people...."

Well at least it won't affect any potential Biden rallies.

·
Premium Member
10,845 Posts
April Fool’s Day is my best guess for some sort of serious national lockdown. We are too late for full scale testing to significantly slow down the discovery of those already infected.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.