Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There it is. Last shift completed, a sad day indeed.

This makes about $6500 all up gross for the three weeks, not bad seeing as I missed a Sat/Sunday with my sisters wedding.

I will still frequent the forum as I've grown quite attached to it and wanting to update UXDRIVER on the success of my app, Oh boy will I update him, again and again :).

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts

This makes about $6500 all up gross for the three weeks, not bad seeing as I missed a Sat/Sunday with my sisters wedding.

I will still frequent the forum as I've grown quite attached to it and wanting to update UXDRIVER on the success of my app, Oh boy will I update him, again and again :).

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

Hello Dog, I remember your first Uberarians post. How has your view of Uber changed over the last few months?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I was quite surprised when he wrote the post about the girl that jumped out slamming the door after his "lecture" First time I'd heard a negative comment about guber. I also started lecturing people who jumped in my car drinking and asked them why they didn't have the common courtesy to ask first... Some got... Others didn't....

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Dog, I remember your first Uberarians post. How has your view of Uber changed over the last few months?
I am actually addicted to doing it and was hard to give it up. I will definitely consider coming back if they raise the rates back to what they were and with less drivers, I could easily pull in 3000-3500 doing the hours I have been. I also have met some invaluable passengers, I picked up one yesterday who let me know that he can get me back 45c in the $ for every dollar I've spent on my app, so that's a huge bonus!

I'll probably come back and do Uberblack when I buy a nice car if my app goes well

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Unfortunately the uber philosophy comes from a distant land without the "fair go" attitude we have here.... So won't be hoping my breath.... Uber has left a bad taste in my mouth... Not the work... The company... Rates would have to go up considerably before I would consider it. I have cancelled my 3F insurance not that I'm there to use it anyway....

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Good a dangerous driver off the road

Looking forward to the failed app

Zero potential

A good tax write off though

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am actually addicted to doing it and was hard to give it up. I will definitely consider coming back if they raise the rates back to what they were and with less drivers, I could easily pull in 3000-3500 doing the hours I have been. I also have met some invaluable passengers, I picked up one yesterday who let me know that he can get me back 45c in the $ for every dollar I've spent on my app, so that's a huge bonus!

I'll probably come back and do Uberblack when I buy a nice car if my app goes well
No money in uber black

·
Registered
266 Posts
Dog - wishing you all the best and please come back and visit regularly.
Between UberPig, Potsy and Geely Gangster you have all kept us entertained and highly amused.
You have all made the the Perth forum something to watch.

As for Geely Gangster your Geely is almost enduring for a s*****x.
You have such a way with your responses you could almost win the Mr Switzerland Award, or if that fails the Winston Churchill Award for
'Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.'

Travel well guys and please keep posting.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thanks for the kind words T & L, will definitely keep the posts up :)
I take it from your profile you are Uber driving in the Big smoke of Sydney? How's that going for you?????

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yes the Geely is a very enduring [email protected] that everyone should enjoy ownership of at least once in their car lives :) Maybe all Uber drivers should drive one so they get to feel the POWER of the Geely at take off!! hahahahahahahahah

·
Registered
266 Posts
My first 3 cars were old VW's Beetles, no steering, no brakes, and I went through engines like you would not believe.
They taught me to drive really well, I could make them zing, and yes I still have a soft spot for them.
So yes we all need a endearing s*****x at some stage - you appreciate a good car when you drive it.......FAST.

Holding on in Sydney - if they drop rates I will be out. It will be interesting to see what they do maybe after End of Fin Year.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thanks for the update on Sydney T&L, so I take it that it's not a full time viable gig driving Uber with earnings low? In Perth since the beginning of this year with too many drivers and decrease in rates it's hard to even earn $200 on a Saturday night driving for 3 or 4 hours.....
On a side note it's funny as my first car was also a VW Beetle, & then I stepped up (or mabe it was down) to a Triumpth Herald 2 door which I turned into a convertable! Just like this one, which I still had it now!
upload_2016-6-28_15-30-56.png

1 - 20 of 39 Posts