Uber Drivers Forum banner

Will Uber give long time drivers stock benefits in the IPO?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 89.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 9.2%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently made it to 2000 trips with Uber and I got to thinking, do you think they are going to give us long time/high trip count drivers some sort of stock options? Say maybe the option to purchase stocks at a lower price when they do the IPO? You'd think it would be the least they can do considering they want to replace us with computers.

I know, I know. Not a chance, right?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah Seal, I did the water stuff the first week... it was also the last week. It was a waste of my time and cut into my profits. Mind you, this was 3 years ago. I barely drive for these guys anymore. $25.00 a month for extra gas money, that's all. I was at 2k a month at my peak a few years ago.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Recently made it to 2000 trips with Uber and I got to thinking, do you think they are going to give us long time/high trip count drivers some sort of stock options? Say maybe the option to purchase stocks at a lower price when they do the IPO? You'd think it would be the least they can do considering they want to replace us with computers.

Lol. :D

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts

If Uber does an IPO, and stocks are offered to drivers, I would take them and sell those suckers short.

No way, with an unprofitable P/L, which will be made public, are those stocks going to rise, which is probably why they are not going to go public, at least not until they are profitable, which is round about the 12th of never.

·
Premium Member
64,534 Posts
Probably

They will give Drivers Rate Cuts !

" LOWER RATES MEAN MORE MONEY"!

" FLYING CARS "!

ZOOM ZOOM

You titled this thread wrong. It should be: Let's tell jokes.
" LOWER RATES MEAN MORE MONEY "

" NO NEED TO TIP"

" TECHNOLOGY. COMPANY " !

You titled this thread wrong. It should be: Let's tell jokes.
" LOWER RATES MEAN MORE MONEY "

" NO NEED TO TIP"

" TECHNOLOGY. COMPANY " !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,296 Posts
Very funny,

Why don't you tell us the one about "Lower rates mean more riders and more money?"

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Why would (or should) they? Uber drivers never had to pay one cent towards the creation of Uber. Now had Uber asked the drivers to make an initial investment in order to get things moving....yes, you would deserve an offer.

Other than a car, Uber drivers have no skin in the game. They signed up, answered a few questions, made it past an 'iffy' background check and started driving.

Start your own 'Rideshare' service and collect all the stock options you want. :)

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Only option I see is a self driving car owner having an option to send it for uber use when the car is not needed

1 - 20 of 45 Posts