Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drunkass b1tch puked all over my door panel and window. $10 ride. She felt bad and tipped me $1 (works at McDonald's so she poor).

Puke got all down in between window and weatherstripping.

Lady tried her best to wipe it with her sleeve so it doesn't LOOK that impressive now. I had to deadhead home IMMEdiately a good 20km.

I feel bad collecting 12 hrs of her wages for a small mistake, but my ride needs some TLC now and MY night got cut short. What would YOU do?

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Her occupation wouldn't mean much to me. I mean, can't the same assumption be made about an Uber driver? I don't think it's typical that the average Uber driver is living super comfortably.

I may not be a dick about it, but I'd treat this puke incident like any other and request my cleanup fee from Uber.

Djino

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
What if she is some rich kid working there for fun? What if her husband is rich? Who cares? Just send the picture and explain it in detail. Get that 150$ which will be a lesson for her. I had a girl in the car last Saturday.she had an open beer can with her which she didn’t drink but when I went over a hump she dropped it spilling it all over the floor mat and door pad and a little bit on the seat.She was very nice but that didn’t stop me from sending Uber the cleaning message,I had to.

·
Premium Member
6,471 Posts
Drunkass b1tch puked all over my door panel and window. $10 ride. She felt bad and tipped me $1 (works at McDonald's so she poor).

Lady tried her best to wipe it with her sleeve so it doesn't LOOK that impressive now. I had to deadhead home IMMEdiately a good 20km.

I feel bad collecting 12 hrs of her wages for a small mistake, but my ride needs some TLC now and MY night got cut short. What would YOU do?
Let me guess: She ordered a Poo ride. Right?

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
personally, I wouldn't do it. If it's not on my cloth seats then I wouldn't ask for a cleaning fee. It's up to you, and it certainly does not make you a bad person to ask for a fee . I had a worker from a bakery last week, and when she left, I noticed that there was some sticky residues on my seats. Quickly sprayed some water and wiped it down, and it came straight off. Could have sent it to Uber for cleaning but chose not to.

You really should get LYSOL disinfection wipes and keep it in the trunk. Those things are miracle workers.

·
Premium Member
8,270 Posts
If you puke in my car and are not one of my kids you must pay. By not reporting it you are pretty much telling pax that it's acceptable behaviour.

Then only time I did not report it was a night where the pukers boyfriend came out and cleaned my entire car. You could tell that they were mortified that it happened and it had nothing to do with the money.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
If they puke in the car like on to the floormat etc, that should be an automatic report. Their occupation shouldn't matter.

I've had a bunch of young guys in my car one time. One of them was feeling drunk and wanted to puke, I gave him my garbage can which I always have in my car. He puked in it. It was all good. Then he just nicely wrap the bag and took it to the outside garbage bin with him.

After I dropped them off, I pulled over in a place closeby and inspected the car. I saw a vertical line of puke outside my pax door. Even though he didn't puke inside, he got puke on my car somehow. I reported anyways - $80.

He was a nice young man but he cost me a car wash.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was an x ride. She lived in the most ghetto Scarborough apartment so she was PO.

Cleaning fee requested. I might've run a red light camera yesterday afternoon, so this will help me pay for that if I did.

My rational was this: had she ASKED me to pull over, I would have immediately stopped and she could have safely puked on the sidewalk. No cleaning fee.

However, she tried to be clever, and threw up out the window while we were doing 60kmh. So of course, puke got all over the interior AND exterior door panels. In between window. Amd weather stripping, etc.

I KNEW there was something awry the moment she asked me "SO, how long have you been an UBER driver?" TWICE within 30 seconds....

·
Registered
782 Posts
You know the saying "If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to eat out" ?
Same goes for pax...
"If you can't afford to pay a cleanup fee, you can't afford to go out drinking."
Well something along those lines :rolleyes:

But in reality, do debt collectors care when they harass people for payments when the person doesn't have money. Same for Uber drivers, she took you off the road. You didn't take yourself off the road. Therefore, compensation is needed.

·
Premium Member
6,584 Posts

charge cleaning fee. if pax disputes it uber still pays you. pax arent effected in all cleaning fee cases. get your 150$ dude. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts