Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I keep getting back to back pings from the campus even though I'm 3 miles away. I'm quickly cancelling them as soon as they come in but it's so many of them!! It's causing me to miss surge rides I think. Apparently NOBODY is picking them up and I don't blame them one bit!! But, Geez!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was that way during their home opener a few weeks ago too if I recall.
You're right. But I thought it was a glitch! It's very clear now that's not the case. Uber is giving the special treatment for some reason.

·
Registered
578 Posts
You're right. But I thought it was a glitch! It's very clear now that's not the case. Uber is giving the special treatment for some reason.
Yeah, it's definitely been that way since the home opener a couple of weeks ago. If you are in a surge area bordering Highland Park, you get bombarded with pings 15/20min away from SMU and Northpark for base fares. I agree, you get tied up with so many, you are probably missing the surge fares from the zone you are right in the middle. I think they turned off Lake Highlands this weekend too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I 'll keep it simple. No surge no SMU rides. If you can afford that school you can afford to pay surge. I was all the way 5 miles in Greenville av in middle of 3x surge, and was still getting SMU. Screw that.let it expire, I m sure some newbie will take one for the team

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Yeah, it's definitely been that way since the home opener a couple of weeks ago. If you are in a surge area bordering Highland Park, you get bombarded with pings 15/20min away from SMU and Northpark for base fares. I agree, you get tied up with so many, you are probably missing the surge fares from the zone you are right in the middle. I think they turned off Lake Highlands this weekend too.
They seem to turn the surge off in plano to

·
Registered
578 Posts
I 'll keep it simple. No surge no SMU rides. If you can afford that school you can afford to pay surge. I was all the way 5 miles in Greenville av in middle of 3x surge, and was still getting SMU. Screw that.let it expire, I m sure some newbie will take one for the team
agreed. If Uber wants to extend any privileges, they should give them codes that don't affect driver compensation. I haven't picked up in Highland Park or Lakewood since this started. It's entertaining and annoying at the same time to see how determined they get when no one will take their request.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
View attachment 14098 big money near smu for you driver just got a text from laura
Wow. I'm so sick of their games. They really think we're stupid! I've never had a problem picking up SMU kids, most drivers steer clear of them. But until they turn the surge back on, I will cancel every single SMU campus request unless it's a UberSelect request!

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
Wow. I'm so sick of their games. They really think we're stupid! I've never had a problem picking up SMU kids, most drivers steer clear of them. But until they turn the surge back on, I will cancel every single SMU campus request unless it's a UberSelect request!
I know they are turning off surge because no surge in casa view.That place always surges.The mess up part is they wait listed driver in Los angelos because of surge skipping and they pull this shit all the time

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I took a screenshot the afternoon of the SMU opener a few weeks ago. I had taken one non-surge ride just to see if maybe there was something just not being visible; shut the app off right after this and made my way toward uptown where I got a 4.1x to DFW, lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts
I took a screenshot the afternoon of the SMU opener a few weeks ago. I had taken one non-surge ride just to see if maybe there was something just not being visible; shut the app off right after this and made my way toward uptown where I got a 4.1x to DFW, lol.
uptown dfw 4.1 damn that a good ride

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I recall seeing surge at love field during the first week or two after pickups were allowed there; but I haven't seen that surge since then either.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts