Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get this email?

upload_2016-6-27_10-34-12.png

I wonder if there'll be a stat on the number of 'Uies' required to get to the next street when the Google Maps pin isn't at the rider's address? What about the amount of time waiting before setting off on a trip? How about minutes spent in Maccas drive throughs as a percentage of late night driving time?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, software developers don't come cheap.

Also I wonder if the app would have been able to detect Dog's nano naps during his 22 hour marathon? Seriously you'd think that the major selling point for any app like the potential safety benefits, not how it would increase the efficiency of us poor underpaid drivers.

·
Registered
314 Posts
It has potentially serious legal implications - would they release information to the public, the government, insurance companies etc commenting on your driving style of ability?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
they are probably collecting this information for research related to driverless cars.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Anyone else get this email?

View attachment 46249

I wonder if there'll be a stat on the number of 'Uies' required to get to the next street when the Google Maps pin isn't at the rider's address? What about the amount of time waiting before setting off on a trip? How about minutes spent in Maccas drive throughs as a percentage of late night driving time?
The catch is u get in the red zone (0-75) deactivated!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
I wonder if it's collated from on trip driving or overall. I have no doubt they already track this, I always kill the app if I have to go overspeed.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I sure as hell don't need some pimply 22yr old sending me an email to tell me my driving's not smooth enough as some nerd, who couldn't drive if his balls were on fire, has designed an app to read the traffic conditions, I'd be straight round to the tin lean-to at Subiaco with a lawyer's letter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Correct soffie. another bit of uber crap. I was told this morning that the app operates even if you are walking around out side of your vehicle so the in formation obtained is faulty. Another bit of the young ones trying something without thinking. LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think next week when ever we get of our vehicle, we should wave our phone violently as we walk along and maybe uber will see the stupidy of this information.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I remember AAMI was trying a similar app, although it might not be highly accurate, I'm sure they have developed methods to ignore certain scenarios that would easily give false readings. For example when u combine speed, accelaration, vibration intensity and orientation of the phone reliable information could be derived.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I remember AAMI was trying a similar app, although it might not be highly accurate, I'm sure they have developed methods to ignore certain scenarios that would easily give false readings. For example when u combine speed, accelaration, vibration intensity and orientation of the phone reliable information could be derived.
When they send you the safe driving report ... just say........
images-1.jpeg

·
Registered
859 Posts
SGIO rolled out from memory a device that plugged in to ur cars engine diagnostics (telematics I recall) and quickly withdrew its use after some reports that it was contributing TO accidents.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts