Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Any time smoking is ok

Votes: 1 1.1%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pax gets in and as soon as we get on the freewaay lit up a cigarette in my car.
I asked him to put it out but he said it was his right as an american citizen to smoke wherever he wants to, so i told him not in my car.
He then stubbrd his cigarette out on the car seat causing several burn holes before I kicked him out.
Its really not worth it any more, people are just complete xxxxxxxxx sometimes

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I asked him to put it out but he said it was his right as an american citizen to smoke wherever he wants to, so i told him not in my car.
He then stubbrd his cigarette out on the car seat causing several burn holes before I kicked him out.
Report for damage! Sorry this happened to your. What a class clown..

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
I hope you called the Police! That is "malicious mischief", or "deliberate vandalism". You have proof from uber he was in your vehicle, time, date, uber photograph, and so on.

Honestly it is a kind of hard to believe story, sorry if I am cynical, but if it is true, you have an actionable criminal and insurance claim.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
So what is the proper response? In the good ol' days, we could beat the snot out him and it would be justified. But how are we supposed to respond to this now? Just report it to Uber and hope to get reimbursed?

·
Registered
394 Posts
So what is the proper response? In the good ol' days, we could beat the snot out him and it would be justified. But how are we supposed to respond to this now? Just report it to Uber and hope to get reimbursed?
Its not hope you will get reimbursement from UBER rather than you will. You have to file the complaint. I am finding that while many drivers may belly ache on this forum only a few actually step up. In the few weeks I have been driving I have had two PAX that were complete idiots and attempted to give me a very bad rating and make accusations of bad driving and with attitude, However when I returned home I let UBER support know of the incidents and have their comments removed and my rating increased. I always follow one must "step up" or "shut up". By just complaining to no one does nothing to help you or the drivers. The faster bad PAX are denied access to UBER the easier it makes or jobs and lives.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
I really hope at the very least you reported this guy to Uber, and demanded reimbursement for repairs.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Stop everything your doing, get off the forum and go report it to uber right now, take pictures, everything possible that needs to be sent to uber go do it right now.

If not them he got away with it, sucks what happened, and that even more headache that its on you to pursue it, but you have to, if you wait, he gets away with it, do not let him, go now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts