Uber Drivers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
59,440 Posts
Woke up to go to work aaaaaaand that's why we can't have nice things.
View attachment 196184
Items stolen: 3 assorted USB Chargers and aux cord
Items not stolen: 2 Dashcams, $7 Cash, Uber Beacon
They left the water too.
Did someone leave a phone in your car and track it ?

Why would they steal usb chargers ?

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They left the water too.
Did someone leave a phone in your car and track it ?

Why would they steal usb chargers ?
Nope, no phone.
More than likely a deranged homeless (lots in my neighborhood). Parking is so bad where I live that I have to park 2 blocks away from my house next to a church and an illegal strip club.

Damn, this is getting out of hand. I'm reading an article about this right now. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/04/san-francisco-crime-policy/479880/
Yeah and that's just the reported ones.
Like I'm going to waste anyones time reporting this to police.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nope, no phone.
More than likely a deranged homeless (lots in my neighborhood). Parking is so bad where I live that I have to park 2 blocks away from my house next to a church and an illegal strip club.

Yeah and that's just the reported ones.
Like I'm going to waste anyones time reporting this to police.
Tell me more of this strip club

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
They are doing this in broad day daylight now , they double Park next to the car and guy gets out from the back seat smashes the window grabs whatever is inside and they drive off

Whole thing happens very quick ! saw it with my eyes along with a bunch people around 1pm van ness and broadway , attempted to chase them but they ran stop signs and red lights

·
Registered
542 Posts
View attachment 196184
Looks like a message to me from a upset passenger. Looks like the decal was placed there purposely next to the water. Do you not offer your passengers water?? That really does suck! Would rather have a false claim by a passenger than physical damage to my vehicle. When will it stop?

·
Registered
468 Posts
View attachment 196184
sorry to hear about this, but the funny thing is, those USB chargers are like 2-3 dollars a piece on ebay or amazon. the cash and that Uber Beacon (150 on ebay) were the high ticket items.

and this homeless guy must have been well hydrated to leave a perfectly good bottle of water behind!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
You should hide any chords because people are them and home that there is a device on the end of them.

Break ins are almost everywhere in the city.
Even places like Russian hill and nob hill.
I moved from tendernob to northbeach and I have not had a break in yet in the past few couple years. I even stupidly left my wallet on the dash a couple times.
Ironically the dashcam never gets stolen and that is on display in the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It was a filthy homeless BUM. SFPD rarely investigate auto burglary or vandalism cases. These criminals or bums are never held accountable in SF. Also the homeless always get a few pass when they commit a crime, but let a regular person do something, they won't get a free pass.

View attachment 196184
Funny the things bums will take and the things they will leave behind after smashing a car window. They are so stupid. They will step over a dollar to pick up a dime.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
View attachment 196184
Happened to me in broad daylight on Valencia & Duboce by Burma Love.I was across the street buying a charger because mine started acting up.I was gone for 10 mins max & there were a bunch of people around.They went through the entire car.They took my phone, purse, and all my cash..They managed to leave my house keys though.Police were useless as always, made me fill out a report, & I never heard from them again.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
SFPD REPORTS 30,000 break-ins per year. That means the real number is closer to 70,000/yr. My friend had his car broken into 3x in 1 year...Diamond Heights and Glen Park 2X he reported none of them.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
SFPD REPORTS 30,000 break-ins per year. That means the real number is closer to 70,000/yr. My friend had his car broken into 3x in 1 year...Diamond Heights and Glen Park 2X he reported none of them.
I literally live there, on Chenery to be exact. There is a car break in at least once a week, crazy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Happened to me in broad daylight on Valencia & Duboce by Burma Love.I was across the street buying a charger because mine started acting up.I was gone for 10 mins max & there were a bunch of people around.They went through the entire car.They took my phone, purse, and all my cash..They managed to leave my house keys though.Police were useless as always, made me fill out a report, & I never heard from them again.
Sorry but if you are going to leave your purse and phone in your car, you should also leave the doors unlocked and windows down so they can grab your stuff without smashing a window!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.