Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my recent experience.

Picked up some drunk girls and a boy from Oakville on Select, going for party.
They wanted to drink in car, which I denied. Tell them I can get penalized.. They said we'll pay the fine. Ask them to either finish drink before or after ride.. No open bottle in car. Period!

No destination on app, ask them to update destination.. They said don't worry, we'll guide you.
While on QEW, they cancelled ride... thinking they will take free ride from there.. I pulled over right away on curb and ask them why they cancelled? They become innocent and said we didn't do it... I said either re-order or leave.

They tried to re-order X, which I couldn't get it as I was on Select only profile. Ask them "Select only please...."
Took their Select orders again, dropped them to their destination.

The next pax told me there are few empty bottles on my seat pocket.. Kids sitting behind me, were drinking all the way.. pissed me off so bad..

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
It happens all the time these bastRd don't understand: I have even stopped advising : I can't chk the bags purses pockets ; its coming our drom every where ; they want to have their last cheapest drink before hitting the bar ; pre party cheer up man :let them enjoy: it's a select fare; I was even thinking f selling beer in my uber

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
What where

They wanted to drink in car, which I denied. Tell them I can get penalized.. They said we'll pay the fine. Ask them to either finish drink before or after ride.. No open bottle in car. Period!

No destination on app, ask them to update destination.. They said don't worry, we'll guide you.
While on QEW, they cancelled ride... thinking they will take free ride from there.. I pulled over right away on curb and ask them why they cancelled? They become innocent and said we didn't do it... I said either re-order or leave.

They tried to re-order X, which I couldn't get it as I was on Select only profile. Ask them "Select only please...."

The next pax told me there are few empty bottles on my seat pocket.. Kids sitting behind me, were drinking all the way.. pissed me off so bad..
What we're u doing : keep the light on : night camera surveillance: : siren; a dog who can detect drinks:

·
Registered
912 Posts
It happens all the time these bastRd don't understand: I have even stopped advising : I can't chk the bags purses pockets ; its coming our drom every where ; they want to have their last cheapest drink before hitting the bar ; pre party cheer up man :let them enjoy: it's a select fare; I was even thinking f selling beer in my uber
When cops charge you with an open container in your vehicle, they won't give a rats ass if you're an uber driver or a nun. You wanna go through all this hassle because kids wanna have a good time? Come on man, they can have all the good time they want, but not on your expense.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
When cops charge you with an open container in your vehicle, they won't give a rats ass if you're an uber driver or a nun. You wanna go through all this hassle because kids wanna have a good time? Come on man, they can have all the good time they want, but not on your expense.
I completely understand but these mf s don't ; I think so I hAve to stop next to cop car and ask the cops to give these bastrds ride ; even uber is quite on it: they should email all the riders that if they do something like that Thier account will be cancelled; I have reported so many times; uber reply these Riders will not pair with u again

·
Registered
912 Posts
I completely understand but these mf s don't ; I think so I hAve to stop next to cop car and ask the cops to give these bastrds ride ; even uber is quite on it: they should email all the riders that if they do something like that Thier account will be cancelled; I have reported so many times; uber reply these Riders will not pair with u again
I understand that and I know first hand how lenient uber is towards riders, but, you gotta protect yourself. Just a couple of days ago 4 kids go into my car, 2 of them had open beers, I put the handbrake on and told them that "they have 2 options, either chug it, or leave it outside the car, I don't make enough to take these risks." They were cool, didn't even rate me down.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
Thes
I understand that and I know first hand how lenient uber is towards riders, but, you gotta protect yourself. Just a couple of days ago 4 kids go into my car, 2 of them hard open beers, I put the handbrake on and told them that "they have 2 options, either chug it, or leave it outside the car, I don't make enough to take these risks." They were cool, didn't even rate me down.
Mfs do it in hiding ; they take out from their hiding places pocket purses : now I will be more vigilant with your advice

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
Should have let them ping Select and let the ping go to someone else, then tell them to GTFO.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Yep, report them.
Problem is some drivers let them get away with it then they think they can try it with anybody.
Most cabs aren't looked at twice when going through a ride spotcheck. You will be looked at closer as a private vehicle same as everyone else going through.

Always scan your pax as soon as possible before they approach the vehicle.
Especially the younger ones.
Usually their will be a sign that they are carrying or are trying to hide alcohol.

Don't fall into the trap of letting pax doing things they shouldn't be doing in fear of receiving a poor rating!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts

The pax need to reorder or GTFO because the Uber insurance doesn't cover pax just sitting in your car while not on a trip. This is why you should always end the trip after the pax is out of the car. If the pax is cheap and wants you to end the trip with him still in the car, give him the insurance excuse, that you can't end the trip until he is out of the car.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
Funny pax story ; I picked a girl thrsday 2 am Queens street drunk select surge 1.5 :sleeping in the car all the way : dropped her at etibicoke condos; I woke her up when I reached the destination; she gave 20 dollar bill tip and than took it back and gave me toonie

·
Registered
6 Posts
This past Saturday, I had a couple misbehaving Chinese Riders.
Arrived at the pickup location and asked if they're the rider to confirm. After confirming their names, they entered the car and belts. I told them to buckle up the seat belts in English before leaving. Instead of buckling up the seat belts, they laughed at me for unable to speak their language which was Mandarin like WTF. At the end of trip, they cancelled the ride and gave me low rating just for telling them to buckle up in English. It pisses me off whenever they don't buckle up the seat belts prior to leaving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This past Saturday, I had a couple misbehaving Chinese Riders.
Arrived at the pickup location and asked if they're the rider to confirm. After confirming their names, they entered the car and belts. I told them to buckle up the seat belts in English before leaving. Instead of buckling up the seat belts, they laughed at me for unable to speak their language which was Mandarin like WTF. At the end of trip, they cancelled the ride and gave me low rating just for telling them to buckle up in English. It pisses me off whenever they don't buckle up the seat belts prior to leaving.
Not trying to be racist here, but many Mandarin Chinese tend to automatically assume you know how to speak their language, especially when you look like Chinese to them. I had several pax like that, and it does frustrate me sometimes. I don't think it's appropriate for them to just simply start talking to me in Mandarin immediately after getting on my car, without any indication from me that I can speak the language (as a matter of fact, I don't speak Mandarin).

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
I live in North york never had a problem; never impose their language on me ; if they don't know English they are mostly silent because they done want to expose them selfs that they don't English: ; they want to do every thing with pride; don't want to feel ridicule

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not trying to be racist here, but many Mandarin Chinese tend to automatically assume you know how to speak their language, especially when you look like Chinese to them. I had several pax like that, and it does frustrate me sometimes. I don't think it's appropriate for them to just simply start talking to me in Mandarin immediately after getting on my car, without any indication from me that I can speak the language (as a matter of fact, I don't speak Mandarin).
regionlong, you're not being racist. The Mandarin Chinese always just assume you know their language out of the blue by looks instead of asking you in English. Technically, not everyone in Canada can speak Mandarin (I can't speak it either, I came from an English speaking family)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts