Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm still pretty new to Uber and today was the WORST day I ever had with Uber, Well I started my shift at around 5-5:15pm and I was in Grandview Heights from around 5:15 to 6 I didn't get any trip requests and I was parked in the Walgreens parking lot at 5th and Grandview just waiting for a ping. Finally at like 6:03 I got a ping request a mile away but this trip I only got paid $6 after Uber fees. then I was just still hanging out in the Grandview area and 20 minutes later i got a ping request then 3 minutes later... CANCELLED! about 15 minutes later I FINALLY got a ping and was 7 minutes away but this trip I only got $4.50 after uber fees and I ended up in UA and 30 minutes later still no pings, so I just drove home and called it a day.
Is it normally this slow and dead on Mondays in Grandview and UA? was I just driving in a BAD AREA? idk but I hope that it is not slow tomorrow when I drive.

·
Registered
299 Posts
10 trips, 2 cancellations, ignored 2 requests for distance and 1 for the particular person, online for 12 hours and made a mere 62.00. I am usually in the southwest area and have to share this area with far too many others to actually do anything worth while. 2 trips over 10, a few close to 10 and the rest were shorties. Getting to be pretty typical. My last trip started out a s a shorty and then became a 17.00 trip to Kahoots. Their pin wasnt even close to where they were.

Honestly, I think I still drive to keep the other drivers new to the area requests low. If im not making trips, neither can you. A bit greedy and very much vengeful attitude I admit but hey, thats how it is.

The pictures show where the pin is and where I was and the second picture shows the pin and where they actually were. Far cry from where the pin was huh. They claim that the pin always drops there when they request a ride from the bar.

Font Screenshot Line Material property Technology
Property Map Product Font Slope

·
Registered
143 Posts
It was also raining yesterday. Everyone stayed home.

Except for an exceptional c*nty passenger named Carly from Nationwide. Pronounced "Cailey" with snobbish accent. Dropped a pin on the Front side of the Nationwide building. No problem. I am there. Then she texts me to pick her up on the opposite side of the Nationwide. I call her and explain that I am sitting by a perfectly good exit from Nationwide where I pick up people all the people and where, incidentally, she dropped the goddamn pin. No. She wants me on High street. Fine. Go around the block. Hi, I am here. She texts me: "See you soon! Feel free to start the meter." So... after all this f*cking around she is not even ready to go?! Nope. I was tempted to text her back "That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. You are here in 5 or I am leaving." Didn't, just sat there with a finger poised over the Cancel button, wondering if I will get rear-ended or cited for sitting in the turn lane on effing High street! Probably should've left after 3, considering I was at the pin much earlier than that.

Anyway, she shows up at 4:59 or so. With luggage and attitude. Went .4 miles to Le Meridien. Treats me with such disdain, I feel like human garbage. No tip. My rating drops.

Bottom line: see Carly at Nationwide or Le Meridien? Don't pick her up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a question, maybe someone here that does airport runs can answer, last week I was at the airport making a drop off so I was like well since I'm already here at the airport why not just hang out and wait for a ping, i waited in the uber lot for over 45 minutes and no ping while drivers were coming and going in that lot so I moved closer to the airport ( I was parked near the hotel) and within 5 minutes I got a ping and this was a good trip all the way to UA. I'll only be picking up at the airport if I take a person there since I live on the other side of town in Hilliard. So who ever is the closest to the airport gets the ping right? So is parking in the hotel lot legal?

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
I've seen drivers lined up in the turn lane behind the hotels and its disappointing. CMH kicked out the cabs and I can only imagine Uber will get kicked out as well with drivers parking all over the place.
Curious, Lyft's website doesn't appear to make drivers get the airport permit. Did the rules for the airport change? Do Uber drivers need the permit now? I didn't get the permit but last year but around 10pm and later I was getting pings all the way out near New Albany and once at 70 & Alum Creek.

BTW, you might try posting up near Broad and High instead of Grandview. People are getting off of work around that time and more people work downtown.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've seen drivers lined up in the turn lane behind the hotels and its disappointing. CMH kicked out the cabs and I can only imagine Uber will get kicked out as well with drivers parking all over the place.
Curious, Lyft's website doesn't appear to make drivers get the airport permit. Did the rules for the airport change? Do Uber drivers need the permit now? I didn't get the permit but last year but around 10pm and later I was getting pings all the way out near New Albany and once at 70 & Alum Creek.

BTW, you might try posting up near Broad and High instead of Grandview. People are getting off of work around that time and more people work downtown.
I believe the waiting spot for lyft at the airport is the green lot. Unless I read it wrong that's the only spot you'll get pings for airport rides for lyft. They also have their own pickup lane (per the announcement I got)

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
I opened a new business two months ago... Cookie Dough Creamery in Worthington. Sales have been great. Better than I expected... but yesterday really sucked. It was rainy, windy, cold and a Monday. People didn't go out. It wasn't an Uber issue. Business everywhere in Columbus pretty much sucked yesterday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well yesterday I got a ping from my house in Hilliard, and I picked up this guy and took him to the airport this was around 6:00 and we got to the airport at around 6:30 and I waited in that Uber lot for 10 minutes then I moved up to the hotel parking and still nothing. This other uber driver comes out of his car and talks to me for awhile and after waiting for about a total of an hour me and him just left. There were other uber drivers parking illegally in the left turn lane behind the hotels. I hate waiting so I just headed to downtown and it was busy but a lot of short minimum fares.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I love airport drop offs - but refuse to sit around the airport. I will no participate in the silly games trying to be the closest. Instead, I typically head to Easton to wait for that next ping. Until Uber changes the system to fifo, I won't waste my time at the airport. Some of those drivers who you saw that play the game will eventually get us all kicked out of the airport.

Uberanne - dang it, you got me to step up on my soap box. Lol. What you experienced at the airport pisses me off.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Those three dozen frozen yogurt stores that opened in the last few years had low sugar options available. The fact that two dozen of them are now closed doesn't speak well for said low sugar products.
Yeah, but frozen yogurt is for hipsters, they go more for trendy and rise and fall that way. I'm not saying some ice cream shops don't go the same way, but low sugar ice cream isn't hipster or trendy, it's for people who loved ice cream a little too much in their earlier years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts