Uber Drivers Forum banner

Slow Summer July 15-17 Weekend

3K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  Scissorz 
#1 ·
Welp, I need to make $450 this weekend ahahahaha. Let's discuss what's hot and what's not for making some cash. Any big events?

#18 ·
Yup, going down Scottsdale Rd. Look over to my left, a Goober driver, look in the rear view mirror, another Goober quickly approaching on the right. You can't escape these dummies.

Wednesday logged on for 5hrs. 4 rides $14.34 after they hit me with the fuel charges.

Yesterday wasn't to bad. 12 rides $90 and change.

#22 ·
Obviously you don't understand that taxis don't rely solely on your type of business. Lots of drivers have personal accounts, people that want service and don't want to climb into a car with someone they don't know. They are willing to pay for service. Seeing more business travelers coming back who are fed up with Uber drivers who can't find Chase Field or Old Town. There's also a robust business transporting passengers subsidized by various government programs -the elderly, people with medical conditions which preclude the use of buses and light rail and the disabled. Brian had a good day but nothing out of the ordinary for a taxi driver that knows his or her way around. It's often substantially better. Uber took some business but it certainly didn't kill the business and given the level of service and general attitude of its drivers it may well have reached its zenith. But then again you will have the students back in a month or so and they love you. Also take them with my compliments.

#25 ·
Don't know about about Brian's cab, but mine does not smell. The cabbies that post here are probably pretty clean. Things like that bring tips and repeat business. ..plus I just like it clean.

One of my personal's paid me $125 yesterday and she does know about uber. Thankfully I don't have to rely on DC's horrible dispatch system or I'd be really hurting.

Don't knock yourself out this time of year trying too hard. Get rested and be ready for what's coming in about 5 weeks. You don't want a broken car or body when the time comes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.