Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight i was off from work so i decided to log in make some money within a hour only 2 rides. I logged off and check the rider app and there are so many cars out. Im saying to myself how many uber drivers are being accepted everyday?? Now im deciding to if i need to get a part time job doing something else???? Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When i first started i was seeing 500-600 a week within the past 2 months its dropped to 300-400 a week.. I only continue because of the weekly pay lol

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Tonight i was off from work so i decided to log in make some money within a hour only 2 rides. I logged off and check the rider app and there are so many cars out. Im saying to myself how many uber drivers are being accepted everyday?? Now im deciding to if i need to get a part time job doing something else???? Lol
Labor Day weekend coming up. Many people preparing for the long weekend. It's not business as usual. LAX has been dead the last two days. Not complaining, has made dropping off and getting out very easy.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
When i first started i was seeing 500-600 a week within the past 2 months its dropped to 300-400 a week.. I only continue because of the weekly pay lol
Yes, I believe everyone has seen a hit on their weekly revenue. It's not going to get better. Uber has a major advertising campaign on channel 5. Even the news anchors are plugging it as well as the afternoon TV commercials competing with Larry h Parker.
It's going to get worse before it gets better. Peeps should start looking for a normal job. Uber isn't what it was 2 years ago. Anyone that has driven for a few weeks has already come to the realization that the marketing and advertising uber has done are lies.
Word of mouth will get out and people will start making fun of the commercials because they know the truth about the pay
Soon people will look at uber drivers as they are going through hard times.
Time for a cardboard sign for the car that's says I work for food, because my partner pays sweat shop wages

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes i agree. People ask me all the time do i like Uber? I respond with ..I wouldnt quit my day job. Its really declined within the past month for me. I have been reading alot of the threads and learning to see that its only great thurs - monday morning.. ive been trying to adjust to different times. Starting at 4a - 1p or 6p- 12p no difference as I see it. Im going to see if Subway will hire me part time lol

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
I am always very happy when I see too many cars on the road early in the week. As a weekend-surge driver, I make my money once all of them are too tried to drive.

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
I am always very happy when I see too many cars on the road early in the week. As a weekend-surge driver, I make my money once all of them are too tried to drive.
Very true statement. They will go home with their tails between their legs early in the week. The job can take havoc with your head.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guess a low demand with alot of drivers out trying to get a dollar. Think ill save car and take it in. Pull out the laptop and look for another part time. Lol

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
I have always said that with Uber, don't quit your day job. That is because Uber is a horrible day job (its a night job).

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Guess a low demand with alot of drivers out trying to get a dollar. Think ill save car and take it in. Pull out the laptop and look for another part time. Lol
Think about this. Many people say there are too many cars. Is it too many cars or just less demand?

Like when a river is high you don't see the rocks , but when the water level drops, you see the rocks.

It is similar to when it is really busy you don't see how many cars are out there with active rides. But when it gets slow, you see the real amount of cars.

I think, yes there are more cars, but also with less demand you are noticing them more.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
For sure it's better to find another job, I did uber everyday for more than 1 year, my earning last 3 months was way less than before due to low surge, and almost 10 drivers on each block,, ) I already started onother job and I'm planning to drive only weekends or maybe not , it's better now for me and of course for other drivers -1 driver :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Optimus Uber i really agree with you. I should have said that on the thread very low demand. As I sit here at the red light I see a uber driver pull up next to me. Not sure if he`s logged in though ...

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Optimus Uber i really agree with you. I should have said that on the thread very low demand. As I sit here at the red light I see a uber driver pull up next to me. Not sure if he`s logged in though ...
Many won't log in unless it's surging. Those are the ones that know how to make an actual profit. The ones taking pings for EBT are the ones operating at a loss. They won't last. They are part of the churn.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Yes, I believe everyone has seen a hit on their weekly revenue. It's not going to get better. Uber has a major advertising campaign on channel 5. Even the news anchors are plugging it as well as the afternoon TV commercials competing with Larry h Parker.
It's going to get worse before it gets better. Peeps should start looking for a normal job. Uber isn't what it was 2 years ago. Anyone that has driven for a few weeks has already come to the realization that the marketing and advertising uber has done are lies.
Word of mouth will get out and people will start making fun of the commercials because they know the truth about the pay
Soon people will look at uber drivers as they are going through hard times.
Time for a cardboard sign for the car that's says I work for food, because my partner pays sweat shop wages
But the guy on the radio ad said I can make $20 or $500 in one day !!!!

He lied ? ;(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts