Uber Drivers Forum banner

Slow down at the airport eager Uber driver

1K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Billy Whalen 
#1 ·
The airport is not a formula 1 race track! The way you hungry Uber drivers race from the departure level to the TNC lot is quite pathetic. Never seen anything like it. Are you really afraid of losing that fare to the South End? What the hell you guys in such a damn rush for? Y'all look like you haven't had a meal in months the way you race around that property.

And where the hell is the traffic enforcement here? The amount of tolerance for bad driver behaviour at the airport is unbelievable. I saw a Toyota Hylander race past a red light 3 seconds after it changed and no cops anywhere to give that feminine hygiene product a nice fat ticket.

What exactly is the speed limit here anyways? I'm doing 40 and cars are racing past me like I'm standing still. It's unbelievable!

#4 ·
Limo drivers aren't much better there. They're a bunch of dolts who can't manage their time. Amaziningly they race to the terminals just so they can stand there with a sign like statues for 30 minutes waiting for their passengers.

Fair warning....AGAIN! If you try to take a left turn from the center lane at the light leaving the staging area and cut me off I WILL veer into you and sideswipe your car. And then collect a nice fat insurance settlement because of your careless and reckless illegal turn.

#5 ·
Fair warning....AGAIN! If you try to take a left turn from the center lane at the light leaving the staging area and cut me off I WILL veer into you and sideswipe your car. And then collect a nice fat insurance settlement because of your careless and reckless illegal turn
Oh man if I'm there to see that I will have an accident in my pants. The pleasure variety one.

#13 ·
I have observed drivers in the TNC lot jockey for position close to the exit (as if this is going to get them the next ping over everyone else) and also try to cut the line of exiting cars which is usually shut down by the Passport gate attendant.

Yesterday afternoon as I did pickups in Boston, i kept checking on the driver queue and it was consistently in the 90 car range. Anyone been in the position where they are in that 60-80 or 80-100 spot in the queue? What has been the wait time?

#15 ·
Lots of stereotypical cabbie behavior now showing with TNC drivers as well as competition heats up with more DPU certificates approved. Add me to the battle at Logan, as I was finally approved this week; perhaps it'll only get worse with flaring tempers. This explains some cabbies' demeanor, right?

Will we see 200 cars in the queue eventually. Or will MassPort deflect cars away due to overcrowding like at the taxipool at times, when cabs wind up blocking regular traffic during slow times?

#21 ·
My DPU cert was issued at the end of January. I've yet to sit in that lot.

Everytime I've been to the airport or eastie I've always preferred to just go back to the city. More power to those who want to sit and roll the dice, but for me it seems like a suckers bet.

#22 ·
I waited two weeks ago in a Saturday night around 7:30 after a drop off in Eastie. Waited about 20 minutes (queue was 44) and got a pickup from terminal A to Cambridge. Then last Saturday morning around 8 after my 4th airport drop off decided to wait was 43 cars ahead. Waited about 25 minutes got a trip to Worcester. It's really better to just go back and keep getting rides unless it's really slow or the queue is less than 20 I probably wouldn't wait in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.