Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well I agree took four days off got back at it this morning 5 rides $22 luckily all near the house so at least breakfast was tasty....

·
Registered
331 Posts
If it makes you guys feel any better, today has been really crappy (although the $20 bill the last rider handed me just made my day less crappy).
Worst day I've had as an Uber Driver 8 rides $46 bucks

Anyone else have accepted rides just drop off the Uber app. I lost 4 accepted rides todays just vanished off my screen

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I feel like it slowed down a lot after 4th of July. Everywhere i go i see a bunch of drivers around chasing a $3 dollar fare.
I feel the same way. Few pings, short trips, and ****** bag riders this week. I have had 3 of the worst riders this week since I have been doing Uber in 1500+ trips.

·
Premium Member
10,350 Posts
Anyone else have accepted rides just drop off the Uber app. I lost 4 accepted rides todays just vanished off my screen
You mean Lifetime trips ?

Wait til next week and there added back in. I've had 6 well 7. Back and forth, back and forth. Since I have been keeping track since mid June.

Imagine what the canned responses would be if one contacted support on that ? Not to mention the waste of time.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/someone-deleted-there-account-or-was-kick-off.84086/

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah seems a plethora of drivers out this week. I always start out of highlands ranch and normally there is 3-5 cars in the area this morning I counted 11 so evidently someone has spread the word the HR is a hot spot. Most likely trying to send them away from their area. Again the HOT SPOT is GREELEY new drivers go to GREELEY

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Yeah seems a plethora of drivers out this week. I always start out of highlands ranch and normally there is 3-5 cars in the area this morning I counted 11 so evidently someone has spread the word the HR is a hot spot. Most likely trying to send them away from their area. Again the HOT SPOT is GREELEY new drivers go to GREELEY
Agree, Greeley, Brighton, Pueblo, and Fairplay are hot. Also, keep close to bus stops, train stations, and shopping malls. To maximize earnings, the Hummer H2 works well, or even a $65k Hyundai equus might be a smart choice too.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Fairplay I always forget about Fairplay....

Just got hourly guarantees for the weekend so I guess things should be picking up

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
<<crickets>>, for a Friday night, with a Rockies game, it sucked 6:30 pm to Midnight, Uber/Lyft combined 12 trips, 9 on Uber, combined $55 although Uber will kick in the hourly bonus, but that sucked.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
<<crickets>>, for a Friday night, with a Rockies game, it sucked 6:30 pm to Midnight, Uber/Lyft combined 12 trips, 9 on Uber, combined $55 although Uber will kick in the hourly bonus, but that sucked.
Hourly guarantees seem to flood the streets with drivers, which really screws up surge areas for the night. I hate hourly guarantees for that reason. I don't get them anymore either. Does anyone get both hourly guarantes and the PDB offer?

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
Does anyone get both hourly guarantes and the PDB offer?
I got both this week, but I doubt I'll maintain an 80% acceptance rate to qualify for any hourly guarantees. I'm not clear if the acceptance rate requirement is for a particular period or for the whole week. I'm at 70% for the week as of this posting.

It's definitely been slow since my good day on Tuesday, and it looks like it's going to be a struggle to complete 75 rides to get the 20% bonus this week.

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Combined, I think I'm at 20 for the week, and that's mostly because of my 4 on Thursday morning, and 1 on Thursday afternoon. Hoping tonight is decent, probably head out about 4 or 5 before the game and pull an all-nighter since the wife committed me to family events on Sunday

I do also think there is a slow down in the economy in general. Being in trucking, some segments are really slow, I haul intermodal containers, right now, international freight, especially grain exports which we do a lot of are way down, we should be starting the export season and it's dead. Normally by now, all of the last years crops are shipping to make way for new crop, depending on the crop, harvest will begin in about 6 to 7 weeks, right now it's very sporadic. Normally I'm doing $900 to $1,000 per week take home, I'm barely clearing $750 the last almost two months.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts