Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ended up at lax around midnight. Waiting for a surge but its not happening. I'm thinking about sleeping in the pig pen and start the day with an lax pick up. I don't think it's the best idea but I don't want to waste gas(I live in the valley). Anyone ever been in this position?

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Ended up at lax around midnight. Waiting for a surge but its not happening. I'm thinking about sleeping in the pig pen and start the day with an lax pick up. I don't think it's the best idea but I don't want to waste gas(I live in the valley). Anyone ever been in this position?
Yup

Even drove in to sleep unmolested a couple times just cause I couldn't think of a better safe spot anywhere in the vicinity

Then again, Uber says I have an unidentified three-violation ticket from LAX... although, by my records, the date doesn't remotely match, so guess its not for sleeping

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Go down Supulveda and make a right on Magnolia, little neighborhood there no one will bug you, go a few blocks in, park in an inconspicuous place and your safe for hours (Pay attention to street sweeping days, read the parking signs) way back when the surge/boost/rates were worthy I ubered full time and found that neighborhood to be the safe stay for naps

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
No offense and I've had some good rides from LAX but people truly treat LAX like it's a gold mine and that there aren't other good places to drive. I understand your desire to save gas but sleeping in your car for 5 or 6 hours until flights start coming in is taking it a little too far...

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
I heard you are allowed to sleep in Walmart parking lot. Google the nearest Walmart to LAX.
That's no longer official policy, though enforcement varies

Travelling thru 48 states, used it a bunch though.... found that tossing a note on the windshield, something like "waiting for tire department to open, sorry hope I'm not a bother" worked 100%..... well that or nobody checked

You might get better traction at a 24/7 establishment like a pharmacy or a Ralphs (in a half-decent neighbourhood --- though there WILL still be some crazies out and about, but the unwritten rules are that they behave there).

These places pretend to enforce parking during the day, but ain't no parking security dudes out there at night. You can tell by the taxis, bandit cabs, and LyUbers chilling there

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
No offense and I've had some good rides from LAX but people truly treat LAX like it's a gold mine and that there aren't other good places to drive. I understand your desire to save gas but sleeping in your car for 5 or 6 hours until flights start coming in is taking it a little too far...
Nap 5 hours vs. drive 3 hours round trip is the usual dilemma

It's not about LAX, it's about deadmiling home to the sticks, and then being stuck there doing 8 mile, 13 minute pickups for a few hours until you catch a fare back to civilization (or doubledeadmiling to LA county)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Just some input be careful sleeping in the car. Yes I have a nap kit with a pillow and blanket. I once did an interior clean with meguirs products, then I took a nap, maybe 90 minutes. Breathing those detergents and cleaners got me a nasty lung infection within hours. I was down for a week. Always vent by opening windows or the sunroof.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Just some input be careful sleeping in the car. Yes I have a nap kit with a pillow and blanket. I once did an interior clean with meguirs products, then I took a nap, maybe 90 minutes. Breathing those detergents and cleaners got me a nasty lung infection within hours. I was down for a week. Always vent by opening windows or the sunroof.
Don't wipe your car interior with something you wouldn't use to wipe your (self)....

2016-11-16 17.08.32.jpg

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I've been there before, wasn't pleasant

·
Registered
439 Posts
If you snore , make sure you have one of those portable speakers with a life time batteries,it is one of the best tunes of the night..

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Right, I live in the valley and I'd Just go home if I'm tired. There's always another day to work...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts