Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Finally get rid of them ants. Got multiple x2.3 rides already. Love it. No bus lic, no airport pickup. Wish they would guve tix everyday...

·
Registered
309 Posts
:D Finally get rid of them ants. Got multiple x2.3 rides already. Love it. No bus lic, no airport pickup. Wish they would guve tix everyday...
You need a lot of 2.3 trip only to break even the 150 biz lic.
Not worth it for me.
Good for you

·
Registered
962 Posts
Pay license first year. Gross less than a certain amount, next year is fee waiver. I don't remember what the threshold is. The amount is business done in San Jose only, not everywhere else. Probably a good idea to take note of days driven in San Jose, and amounts, San Francisco as well. These cities want taxes on your earnings. I got 90 day business license, $56.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Where were they cracking down on people??

I park in an unnamed location there and I don't see any other Uber or Lyft drivers where I go when I'm there. Wee they hitting people up in the cell lot off the highway right past the overpass??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greenlight hub guy told me the green airport permit was good for all airports. I wonder if the ticket was for no green permit.
SJ and SF requires you to have a sole proprietor business license registered in their city if you're gonna uber inside their city. The airports is the easy way they can check for such license. I've been checked several times at SJC for that license. The green tag is only required at SFO and OAK.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
I was also told by the Greenlight Hub guy that for operating at SFO the green tag is the only requirement (per Uber's agreement with the Airport Commission) and no City of SF business license is required.
Is that everybody's understanding as well ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pay license first year. Gross less than a certain amount, next year is fee waiver. I don't remember what the threshold is. The amount is business done in San Jose only, not everywhere else. Probably a good idea to take note of days driven in San Jose, and amounts, San Francisco as well. These cities want taxes on your earnings. I got 90 day business license, $56.
What did you name your company? Do we have to put an ad in the paper showing DBA?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am an employee. Repeat after me. I am an employee.
Am I an employee too? Was I unnecessarily scared into complying? Did they win? Am I a fool? Will I have to pay taxes now? At least SF is not a terrorist organization so I won't break the law if I give them money. I'd give them some money if they scare me into appropriately like they did with the license (which I don't even know the locatiom of cuz it said to keep at home or something like that, so I don't know what happens when auhorities ask to see it...say "I'm an employee" maybe. My proof is in how mad people get when I say we aren't going to Corte Madera at 5pm. They must have expected I would cuz I'm Uber's employee. But doesn't everyone know I'm not.).

Today an old lady said "you shouldn't be an Uber driver", and not cuz she cares about me, but cuz she wants a cheap ride to Corte Madera and I don't want to give her that ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts