Uber Drivers Forum banner

Should Uber let drivers know their number in the queue?

• Yes

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 5.3%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion, is it better to wait in queue at the airport after a drop off or cut your losses and drive back towards the city?

Sometimes I wait over an hour and even then the trip can be very shot like taking a pilot from domestic to international, a less than $10 fare (yes it happens). But then again it can be annoying to burn more fuel and drive back to the city.

If there is a queuing system it would be nice if Uber told us what number we are in the queue so at least we could manage our time and what we do while waiting. Sometimes I think I am number 36 in the queue. If I know there's a long wait I can make a more informed business decision to stay or go.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
In your opinion, is it better to wait in queue at the airport after a drop off or cut your losses and drive back towards the city?

Sometimes I wait over an hour and even then the trip can be very shot like taking a pilot from domestic to international, a less than $10 fare (yes it happens). But then again it can be annoying to burn more fuel and drive back to the city.

If there is a queuing system it would be nice if Uber told us what number we are in the queue so at least we could manage our time and what we do while waiting. Sometimes I think I am number 36 in the queue. If I know there's a long wait I can make a more informed business decision to stay or go.
Airport trips are not worth it once you take off tolls
Waiting at the airport is a total waste of time

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Airport trips are not worth it once you take off tolls
Waiting at the airport is a total waste of time
But if you knew that you were #7 or less I think it's worth waiting. Any more and I think it's worth going back to Hamilton or some place. Do you have any reccomendations on where we can drive to get a trip without going too far? Eagle Farm is close but I never get trips there unless it's race day.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is an example of something that's really simple for Uber to implement and would help drivers run their 'business' better. Even Telstra tell you what number you are in the queue. But I guess it's not good for Uber if we know how long the wait might be so it won't happen?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was an owner-driver with Yellow couriers (sister company of yellow cabs ) 15 years ago and they had queuing system the same as the taxis, you would plot into an area and it came up on the computer dispatch system. You could have 5 vehicles at Rocklea so you could plot into a neighbouring suburb like Richlands or Acacia ridge and get a job straight away, but risk driving for a small local paying job.

Or you could sit and wait as number 6 at Rocklea and a job would come up on the screen with the pickup and destination suburbs and you could make a decision whether it was viable job to go and pick up.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Simple turn on Uber rider app count how many cars are there and make ur mind up....its ur business learn to look after urself as we know Uber dont care about drivers.

I dont wait at airport unless im having maccas then i leave.....can jag a ride as im leaving the area or i toss a coin and either go to sandgate road or nudgey

Or like when i flew back in i couldn't even get a freken uber ride 3 cancel and i ended getting ride after waiting 30mins from a guy who had done a drop off at the domestic

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've been pinged to the airport from 5 km's away & upon checking the rider app seen 4 or 5 drivers at the waiting area... Which made me decide never to wait at the airport for rides :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
In GoCatch platform the "ping" goes to the driver who's got more points. And that's fair system. More work you accept more points you score more work for you.
Is there any point of climbing a poo-ber ladder ? I know they send you a cool "leading pack" picture sometimes LOL

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In Canberra, it tells us precisely where we are in the queue (ie, not a range).
Interesting... I guess they are testing driver responses. They might worry that too many drivers will leave the airport if they reveal the number, especially in Brisbane where the airport is far away from residential areas.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Interesting... I guess they are testing driver responses. They might worry that too many drivers will leave the airport if they reveal the number, especially in Brisbane where the airport is far away from residential areas.
Gold Coast has the same as Sydney. If I am in the vicinity of Gold Coast Airport, I check the airport pin be sure...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts