Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Guys.Lately i have been having this problem when working over 8 hours , ping get silent,so i miss alot of rides because of this.i have to keep looking on my phone to see ping coming in.Anyone else have this problem.I work in NJ. with Google xl phone

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Hi. Guys.Lately i have been having this problem when working over 8 hours , ping get silent,so i miss alot of rides because of this.i have to keep looking on my phone to see ping coming in.Anyone else have this problem.I work in NJ. with Google xl phone
It's called "the silent but deadly ping". You really can't hear it but once you take notice it'll make you rush right out of there to go get your next pick up. It's been known to clear out a few elevators every now and then.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is your phone plugged into the USB outlet in your car? If so, that's the problem. I had the same issue. Once I plugged into my cigarette lighter instead of USB, it pings every time now.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
It's just another of the many gltches of the Uber drivers app. I have had the circle pop up and start to chime, but then freeze, stop counting down, + the chime stops..... But i can usually still accept the trip. Other times it pops up and frrezes and never chimes at all, but i can still accept. But the worst is when it freezes and doesn't allow you to accept it... And worse yet, when their is a fat surge going on. I've had all of these glitches and many more....

·
Registered
43 Posts
I couldn't hear mine for a while, Standard USB charger, so I turned on the "FLASH" notification makes the phones flash light up with pings as well (on android)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts