Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Fort Snelling station Park & Ride (for now). Also, for Uber, parking on any public street just north of 62 (34th St exit) will keep you in the queue. For Lyft....well, they need to start using a FIFO queue at the airport, because the proximity-only thing sucks.

·
Premium Member
4,230 Posts
I want to know how they can clear us out of that parking lot...is MSP going to set up an area for rideshare drivers to wait since we help them generate income? Can they even toss us out of that lot since it is public land?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And, I noticed over by the ball field their are signs up that say no parking , certain hours of the day, be careful come march 15

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Just pretend to be getting gas at the SA.
You will not get pings at SA and they have someone that works there (who i won't mention) that used to Uber and knows all the tricks. They write down plates and if they warn you enough times they will ban you from ever coming into the lot.
Even if you say your getting gas they will tell you too bad find it somewhere else. Don't stage at SA.

They say no more parking starting Mar 15. Any suggestions what drivers will do while waiting?
I warned you guys early on when they shuffle you to the next area stop littering and leaving pee cups on the ground. Abviously not everyone reads these forums. Too bad cause we all know it's just a couple that ruined it for all.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Fort Snelling station Park & Ride (for now). Also, for Uber, parking on any public street just north of 62 (34th St exit) will keep you in the queue. For Lyft....well, they need to start using a FIFO queue at the airport, because the proximity-only thing sucks.
Soon enough the residents along the "public" streets will be complaining about BurgerTiime leaving pee cups on the street and you'll get shuffled away from there too.

·
Premium Member
4,230 Posts
i still want to know more about this...where will the new "airport pen" be? I really believe that MSP should set up a staging area for ridesharing considering the revenue we are helping to generate for the airport...also, can they really even kick us out of that lot at snelling? what are they planning to do, hand out parking tickets for parking in a public lot?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Soon enough the residents along the "public" streets will be complaining about BurgerTiime leaving pee cups on the street and you'll get shuffled away from there too.
This has become a problem at airports across the county. Many neighborhoods are having city counsel banning staging on public streets.
Uriniating on public streets https://www.google.com/amp/www.tele...-town-hundreds-sign-petition-amid-claims/amp/
Many articles like this. The airport should give us a spot and portapotty

i still want to know more about this...where will the new "airport pen" be? I really believe that MSP should set up a staging area for ridesharing considering the revenue we are helping to generate for the airport...also, can they really even kick us out of that lot at snelling? what are they planning to do, hand out parking tickets for parking in a public lot?
For now you can sit at the parking lot across Mall of America.

I'm a girl so that could be pretty difficult but if you see a chick having to squat it's me!! Lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Squatting or standing up, it's better than going in your pants. Anybody been to that burger joint in south Bloomington , 85xx Pilsbury Ave ? The reviews sound impressive!!

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
This has become a problem at airports across the county. Many neighborhoods are having city counsel banning staging on public streets.
Uriniating on public streets https://www.google.com/amp/www.tele...-town-hundreds-sign-petition-amid-claims/amp/
Many articles like this. The airport should give us a spot and portapotty

For now you can sit at the parking lot across Mall of America.

I'm a girl so that could be pretty difficult but if you see a chick having to squat it's me!! Lol
Why should it be up to the airport? People are not Flying in because of Uber or any rideshare.

And what parking lot are you talking about across from MOA? There's not much inside the GEO fence south of 494

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
The airport chooses to profit from the ride shares, yet pushes the drivers on city streets
The airport also "profits" from the park and ride business but the airport did not provide them the land to build their businesses. My point is it's up to the rideshare companies to provide a waiting area solution, not the airport.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can almost 100% guarantee that all the designs, blueprints & plans for the airport accommodated a shuttle service before they started building it & was paid for as part of the airports construction.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Were you aware that the airport has been there since 1921? And it became an international airport in 1948? Are you telling me that Park & Ride, Park & Fly, Shepherd Rd Parking, all were included in those original plans?

·
Premium Member
4,230 Posts
I just don't think it's too much to ask that we have a safe, clean staging area ... if not, then we will be less efficient and more open to other concerns (like waiting in a bad neighborhood/causing street parking & traffic issues, etc)

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
I just don't think it's too much to ask that we have a safe, clean staging area ... if not, then we will be less efficient and more open to other concerns (like waiting in a bad neighborhood/causing street parking & traffic issues, etc)
I agree 100% with you, I just think it's up to the ride share companies to initiate the discussions with the MAC or whatever city, county, private entity, to come up with the solution.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Were you aware that the airport has been there since 1921? And it became an international airport in 1948? Are you telling me that Park & Ride, Park & Fly, Shepherd Rd Parking, all were included in those original plans?
Yes I'm confident they had a plan to shuttle people on and off the property when it was built. I'm even more confident that whatever renovations had occurred since 1921, accommodated shuttles.....Whatever, it's a dumb debate......I don't think the airport authority whoever that may be, views rideshares and a long term business, therefore are willing to collect profits now, but hesitant on any long term investments to the property to accommodate us. I don't know what the ROI is at $3 a fare, but I'm sure they do.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.