Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm done with customer service on the app. Everyone who helped me was so confused and not helpful. I am so pissed for the past week.

I live on long Island, not in NYC and I don't want to uber in the city. I have a 2011 Jetta that could seat 4, I have a legal registration, coverage and great DMV record. Everything is approved and ready to go but my app says "my vehicle can not operate in new_york" I also have Nassau and Suffolk TLC licenses from my primary medical job. but I want more money, so I wanted to do uber. I need my account fixed so I can start driving. I even wrote a letter to the BBB but didn't send it in yet because I am trying the forum first, maybe I can get better help here. Please assist me.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Not sure what more we can say here besides continue contacting support or find your local Green Hub and do it in person. Not sure exactly what you hope to accomplish writing to the BBB, you are not a customer but someone looking to gain employment as an IC... even if it wasn't necessarily their terrible ability to process paperwork, in all, they are not obligated to bring you on as a Driver...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They already accepted me and everything is processed but there app is screwed up and nobody knows what to do in support, which was like 12 ppl responding to me in a week. I'm just annoyed I had the app for three weeks and I still can't do anything with it. I don't think that many people on here can even relate to my frustration. And I know writing to the BBB isn't going to do anything but it's all I could do as a result. Plus BBB isn't just for customers. I don't want to send in that letter, I just want a side job, since the commercial said, "It was easy". lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Absolutely hilarious!!!! ......:p:D:):p......someone else trying to become an "UberSheep"......have another sip of the koolaid........have you even tried reading this message board from other drivers?......that is all this board is DRIVERS......not CSR or someone that can help you......ask around this is not a great company..........it is a f'ed up wannabe cab company.......but go ahead destroy your car for pennies........have fun .....:p..*laughing*

·
Registered
347 Posts
Absolutely hilarious!!!! ......:p:D:):p......someone else trying to become an "UberSheep"......have another sip of the koolaid........have you even tried reading this message board from other drivers?......that is all this board is DRIVERS......not CSR or someone that can help you......ask around this is not a great company..........it is a f'ed up wannabe cab company.......but go ahead destroy your car for pennies........have fun .....:p..*laughing*
Driving for companies like Uber, one can acquire a car. Lets say you DON'T have a vehicle at all. One could go out and buy a car (around a 2010 model), weather you have good or bad credit for around 10 grand (a Camry for instance). Good credit interest around 1.5%, bad 5.9%. With the money made part time, you can pay off the vehicle in a few years. This would be especially good for those that don't have a vehicle, had good or bad credit, and isn't working. I have met a few PAX like I described, and they like the idea. I'm retired, we have a good retirement income, don't NEED to drive, just want something to do vs sitting around the house. So I bought a 2011 Camry just for Uber, (have 3 other vehicles). The Camry is 100% for Uber, and I have made enough to cover ALL expenses on the vehicle for 5 months in 32 days. now who's laughing.......:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p... oh, by the way, I have a 100% pick up acceptance rate to boot!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Let me stand up and clap......no wait I'm too lazy ..........................good for you I guess but ya know I couldn't care less if your making it work .....I am not an Uber driver I never have..never will...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.