Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
Is this the "hard card" endorsement required/preferred by most limo companies in Chicago?

I heard it takes six months to complete?

So UberSUV requires it, at least in the Chicago market?

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this the "hard card" endorsement required/preferred by most limo companies in Chicago?

I heard it takes six months to complete?

So UberSUV requires it, at least in the Chicago market?
If I want to work in the city of Chicago I will need the "hard card". It doesn't take 6 months to get it.. It's about 2 months process, maybe faster.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Chicago city public chauffeur license is a 2 week class and limo license I believe is an 8hr class. I will recommend the public chauffeur license for uber full time driver as a form of job security.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Any info on costs? Only been driving Uber 3 weeks, but after many years pizza/catering I love it despite the lack of tips.

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
good luck.

to beat a horse to death, same rules as UberX apply. don't use a brand new escalade---guessing the sweet spot is a used domestic SUV (maintenance/parts costs, etc) with around 20k-50k miles on it.

a clean, wellmaintained UberSUV with 50k miles on the odo looks no different than a brand new Tahoe other than the toxic plastic smell.

ps, always where an undershirt, lol. for some reason annoys the hell out of me when someone who's supposed to be 'professional' doesn't wear an undershirt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts