Uber Drivers Forum banner

When I signed up with Uber & completed my required number of rides, I was paid my expected bonus

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I signed up with the guaranteed payout of 1640 in Chicago. I ended up getting $200 after 75 trips, and emailed reps over and over again asking why my payout was wrong and they kept telling me I would get the payout
Product Azure Computer Font Rectangle
, which never happened, then they told me that promo didn't exist in my city. It states no where in the promo that it's based on location. It just flat out says guaranteed 1640 total payout after 100 trips. I actually had to take a loan to rent a car for this, thinking I could pay back the loan after getting the bonus, which of course didn't happen, so this really put me in a bind. UBER will not honor it regardless of legal threats. What worse if that an UBER chat agent applied the promo for me during the sign up, and if it didn't exist in my city, then they should and could have said something then and there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I documented 100% of everything. They even told me in emails repeatedly that I would be paid this referral amount and to "wait" for it to be reflected, and when it "didn't reflect", they backtracked and said the promo was for another city which is mentioned absolutely nowhere. I explained to them the trouble it caused me and that their ad does not disclose anywhere about it being different in other cities, and their response was that "Referral rewards are subject to change periodically, and I was paid the correct amount for my city". They refuse to honor it, and it does not matter what I tell them. I'm nobody to them. I would love to lawyer up, but I'm sitting here fighting for $700, so getting a lawyer is going to likely cost more than that. I really am beyond frustrated that companies like this take advantage of people who are already struggling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.