Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I have a couple places that require you to sign in. I just write the customers name down. If they ever pressed the issue, I would probably write my first name and last initial, which they already have, but they don’t have the right to know my last name.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Nope. If they try - they’re on my shit list.
So because they have experienced problems with other drivers or other people grabbing orders saying yeah I am picking this order up and then the restaurant gets shafted so they are taking perfectly acceptable steps to stop such "theft" you are going to be an AHOLE and put them on your AHOLE list?

Glad you are not in my area.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
One of my local pizza joints now requires delivery drivers to fill out a form with their signature before they will allow the driver to take the order. Anyone else seeing anything similar?
Yep, 2 restaurants in my area now do that and I support them 1,000% and seeing first-hand AHOLES proclaiming to be there to pick up an order and instead STEAL the order.

·
Registered
499 Posts
One of my local pizza joints now requires delivery drivers to fill out a form with their signature before they will allow the driver to take the order. Anyone else seeing anything similar?
The local Wingstop does that. I really don't care about that. But they also expect drivers to fill drinks. So I just say no any offers from there.

·
Premium Member
Duchess of Decline, Splendida Sarcasmus
2,739 Posts
So because they have experienced problems with other drivers or other people grabbing orders saying yeah I am picking this order up and then the restaurant gets shafted so they are taking perfectly acceptable steps to stop such "theft" you are going to be an AHOLE and put them on your AHOLE list?

Yup. They should have different safeguards in place. I’m not signing for any sealed bags. Who knows what’s in there?

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Yep, 2 restaurants in my area now do that and I support them 1,000% and seeing first-hand AHOLES proclaiming to be there to pick up an order and instead STEAL the order.
Yup. And an abstract squiggly line will stop that from happening. Good luck taking it to trial when people can’t be stopped from looting a Walgreens in the light of day while the staff watches. 😂

Serously, some people are born doormats.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
The local Wingstop does that. I really don't care about that. But they also expect drivers to fill drinks. So I just say no any offers from there.
I would cancel the pickup even before the words left their mouth. To me, that means going through the entire order item by item, and that’s way too much time. They can use their in-house delivery service. Don’t have one? Tough nouggies then.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Yup. And an abstract squiggly line will stop that from happening. Good luck taking it to trial when people can’t be stopped from looting a Walgreens in the light of day while the staff watches. 😂

Serously, some people are born doormats.
I don't know if you're aware of this but you should really recognize that you're in Big John country now. I'd recommend watching your step and treading lightly.

I mean it's not like his name is Docile John, Medium John or Easy Going John. It's BigJohn for a reason honey and he earned every letter in that title.

So please just take a breath, stop and think about what you're doing here. The LAST thing that you want to do is rile BigJohn in BigJohn's town.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The restaurant has the driver info (with pic) on their app so they know who is picking up the order. If they let food go to someone unauthorized to pick it up, that's on them.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Needless to say I don't do pickups there anymore. It's simply not worth the hassle or the time it takes to fill out their form. They don't have the right to know my last name or have my signature for something that Uber does not require or endorse. And yes, I just quoted myself.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
I don't know if you're aware of this but you should really recognize that you're in Big John country now. I'd recommend watching your step and treading lightly.

I mean it's not like his name is Docile John, Medium John or Easy Going John. It's BigJohn for a reason honey and he earned every letter in that title.

So please just take a breath, stop and think about what you're doing here. The LAST thing that you want to do is rile BigJohn in BigJohn's town.
Pffffffft. You forget. I’m Big Natasha. John-Shmon. Ask Mus end Skvirrel. 😂

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
I just put my money where my mouth is. It’s a place I rarely go to - maybe twice in 2 years - and they wanted me to sign for a sealed bag of sushi. Funny part is it’s a place that gets consistently reported for missing items. Told them to open the bag and go through every item. But they wanted me to sign BEFORE we open the bag.

Cancelled right there, went to my car and reported them. Still no delivery driver arrived, and you know how long those calls last. Ooopsies.

Shitlisting this place will be NO problem. It barely ever has decent offers, though is a sushi place, and those usually tip well.

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts

For a base rate order I’m not signing anything. I might put a check mark in a box.
we already jump through enough hoops.
BTW, if the staff is not verifying the signature against ID it accomplishes nothing. Anybody could scribble something on the form. This won’t stop any theft.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts