Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Again, someone replying off topic. My point exactly. Perhaps you could work at Uber corporate offices. Lol.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
They have offshore people from India that don't speak English well and go through millions of email requests. They just skim the requests title and reply with an irrelevant reply. I discovered they were not actually reading what I sent when one of them replied with a funny template. Instead of giving jobs to Americans they outsource it to people that can't do the job well or read English. Those offshore people are paid $1/hr btw

·
Registered
14 Posts
Everytime I write Uber about anything they always respond with these stupid "canned" responses that generally has nothing to do with the question that you are asking. That is so annoying. I usually start by saying please do not reply with a scripted response and they do it anyway
I am with you on that. I was in my second accident in two weeks. If you don't know this yet, you are out of work until your car gets fixed. If your like me, that is a real blow. Even though you can make a claim for it on the insurance claim. You still have to wait the time it takes to process the claim to get your money and that could be anywhere for 3 weeks to a year or more.

Be that as it may, I got a canned response about the Uber Vehicle lease program in response to this message to them:

Why don't you offer this? It would be as simple as having a fleet of vehicles you lease to the driver until their car is fixed. The lease fee could then be charged either to the Uber driver or to the other driver in the accident if there was one based on who was at fault in the accident. It is a benefit to both sides. You have another driver still on the road and the driver doesn't lose critical income. I'm just lucky I have lots of friends and family who are willing to feed me for the next 3-5 weeks. Otherwise I would be looking to food banks and free meal programs. As it is, I'm barely getting by with what I make from Uber due to my current debt load. That last part I realize is not your fault although it too is going to go up due to the increase in interest I will be paying along with late fees etc. because I won't have income to pay my bills. The whole set up Uber has for dealing with accidents discourages people to keep driving for them and quite frankly, I'm beginning to think I would do better working for McDonalds than Uber. At least there I wouldn't lose income if I got into an accident unless I was seriously injured. So management better make some changes because they are going to find it difficult to keep drivers as more and more of this information starts to circulate. Which I noticed while doing some research this morning it is. Uber also needs to tell its drivers that they need to inform their own insurance carrier when they start driving for Uber. I haven't found that information anywhere yet but I did learn about it after my accident on the 9th when I found out that my insurance company was not going to cover me for what was looking like and uninsured motorist claim.​

·
25,026 Posts
Those offshore people are paid $1/hr btw
This is why many services such as this are outsourced. The only thing about which business cares in this matter is numbers: quantity over quality. As long as complaints come in and "answers" go out, the numbers are there and the Board and Senior Management are happy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am with you on that. I was in my second accident in two weeks. If you don't know this yet, you are out of work until your car gets fixed. If your like me, that is a real blow. Even though you can make a claim for it on the insurance claim. You still have to wait the time it takes to process the claim to get your money and that could be anywhere for 3 weeks to a year or more.

Be that as it may, I got a canned response about the Uber Vehicle lease program in response to this message to them:

Why don't you offer this? It would be as simple as having a fleet of vehicles you lease to the driver until their car is fixed. The lease fee could then be charged either to the Uber driver or to the other driver in the accident if there was one based on who was at fault in the accident. It is a benefit to both sides. You have another driver still on the road and the driver doesn't lose critical income. I'm just lucky I have lots of friends and family who are willing to feed me for the next 3-5 weeks. Otherwise I would be looking to food banks and free meal programs. As it is, I'm barely getting by with what I make from Uber due to my current debt load. That last part I realize is not your fault although it too is going to go up due to the increase in interest I will be paying along with late fees etc. because I won't have income to pay my bills. The whole set up Uber has for dealing with accidents discourages people to keep driving for them and quite frankly, I'm beginning to think I would do better working for McDonalds than Uber. At least there I wouldn't lose income if I got into an accident unless I was seriously injured. So management better make some changes because they are going to find it difficult to keep drivers as more and more of this information starts to circulate. Which I noticed while doing some research this morning it is. Uber also needs to tell its drivers that they need to inform their own insurance carrier when they start driving for Uber. I haven't found that information anywhere yet but I did learn about it after my accident on the 9th when I found out that my insurance company was not going to cover me for what was looking like and uninsured motorist claim.​
OMG! I got a real response to this message. Not one I like but it is at least real! I've copied it below.

I understand that the previous response is not what you desired but my colleague only wanted to provide you with an option given that it is going to take some time for your car to be repaired. With that being said, leasing a car through our Vehicle Solutions program is an option. Please do understand that we do not offer income loss programs since partners such as yourself are independent contractors. Uber cannot guarantee or verify income because the money you make, depends on when you choose to drive on the platform. I know that the accident and its circumstances has caused an inconvenience and I'm very sorry for the trouble you have to endure because of it. While Uber does not currently offer the aforementioned programs, I will advise that if driving for Uber continues to be your only income in the future, to plan for such instances such as getting into an accident that would prevent you from continuing to drive. Otherwise, the adjuster from our insurance company will be contacting you within the next two to three business days in regards to the accident and the coverage that is available for you. I do hope that you understand why there is not a reimbursement program and I do wish you the best through this difficult time. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know. Regards,​

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

That is frightening, yikes.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's probably not out of the realm of possibility that some of the canned responses are actually computer-generated. I have a theory that robots reply a few times and it's only when you get something like, "Hi, it's Brent stepping in for my colleague..." that you're actually finally communicating with a sentient being.

The real question is, when the robot cars start taking over will they be similarly aggravated by the unhelpful robot CSRs?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
It's probably not out of the realm of possibility that some of the canned responses are actually computer-generated. I have a theory that robots reply a few times and it's only when you get something like, "Hi, it's Brent stepping in for my colleague..." that you're actually finally communicating with a sentient being.

The real question is, when the robot cars start taking over will they be similarly aggravated by the unhelpful robot CSRs?
Those "stepping in for..." are also robot responses

·
Registered
369 Posts

Who got time to read all that.... dont blame them in this example as you're sending them your life story and they dont have time for all of it :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Everytime I write Uber about anything they always respond with these stupid "canned" responses that generally has nothing to do with the question that you are asking. That is so annoying. I usually start by saying please do not reply with a scripted response and they do it anyway
Tell me about it I have become absolutely disgusted with the for customer support ever since Uber moved their customer support offshore when I first started it wasn't that way and I love to Uber support when I first started almost a year-and-a-half ago. How in the hell I have hung in here this long I have no clue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts