Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I encountered one last night where my gps froze and I took the wrong turn and the trip ended up being a little over ten minutes longer, guy was being a ******. His friends were really nice about it though.

So today the gps screwed with me again and I took like 3 minutes longer to arrive at this place.. and I say sorry and I said I didn't make you too long did I ? he says yea.. yea. (its a couple) I tell him its okay your destination is only four minutes away... they stayed quiet and thanked me at the end of the ride. (well the girl did)

starting today I'm not taking shit.

·
Premium Member
9,835 Posts
Sometimes things are best left unsaid. Having probs with the phone is one.

Reactions: Nick781

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
In DC, the GPS on my phone takes a random Hershey dumb at will.

Be proactive and keep an eye on the gps route. Know your city and do your best to navigate around it or in the city.

What would you do if there was no GPS?

·
Registered
15,927 Posts
What I used to do.
In DC, the GPS on my phone takes a random Hershey dumb at will.

Be proactive and keep an eye on the gps route. Know your city and do your best to navigate around it or in the city.

What would you do if there was no GPS?
Make a trip to the Key Map Store in Houston (we're so big our maps come in book form. I still have a Harris County one in the car. JUST IN CASE. LOL)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just a little customer service tip, never apologize if possible.

If you are noticibly late, something like "Thanks for your patience guys, how are you all doing tonight?"

If you make a wrong turn, "looks like the gps froze. Let me fix this and we'll be on our way, I'll make sure to discount your fare to make up for the inconvenience. It may take up to 48 hours but you'll receive an email with the updated fare as soon as it's processed."

Likewise, if someone asks if they can smoke in your car, don't say "sorry, no smoking please." Just say, "I wish, Id have a cigarette myself but uber has a strict no smoking policy. Feel free to enjoy your cigarette I don't mind waiting a couple minutes."

Another thing that sometimes happens is a passenger complaining about a previous driver cancellation fee or glitchy app, in these situations I usually say "I'm so sorry about that bad experience! I would be frustrated too."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts