Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a pickup request not to far from home. "Kathleen" starts texting me from the get-go with special instructions for the pickup. Fine she wants to be able to find me. I show up at the designated place and no Kathleen. Busy place, no Kathleen. I drive around the area a bit just in case I got the pickup instructions wrong and out comes this fat guy way under-dressed for the weather waving and shouting at me. I decided to shuffle him by driving away from his anger and I keep getting nasty texts about how I have to cancel if I am not going to do the pickup. As I was this was going to be my last ride of the day, I went home and changed vehicles and drove back to the scene and pumped up the wait fee by a few minutes. Then in front of his confused nose, I cancelled him for no show. Made $10.xx . Was it worth it? Probably not, but it gave me a certain satisfaction.

·
Premium Member
6,876 Posts
Sometimes you just gotta do stuff like that in order to keep your sanity. I'm right there with ya.

Once I had a pickup in an Uber-busy part of town, nowhere to stop or park. Circled the block once, only to get a text "be out in a couple mins". Yeah, right!!! Ignorant a-hole!

I went up to the third floor of a parking garage and parked. Came down and grabbed a cup of coffee across the street. Played text games with them. "I'm right here, where are you? What do you look like? What are you wearing? Are you on the corner of X and X? Wave your phone in the air."

Got a no show fee out of them. They ordered another ride. Accepted, got another no-show fee. And then a third time. After the parking fee, the coffee and the lost time, I broke even. But I had a smile on my face the rest of the evening. Well worth it!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.