Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mid morning pickup at the mall before open for "Danny". Its a 3 min pickup, 3 min trip (ugh), but around here, need to take the short ones if want a chance to get something better.

I went to the pin and waited. Paxhole calls near end of timer and says, "can you come to...". I said, "I know where that is". Hang up.

NFW, I'm investing another couple minutes on this garbage trip. Of course I legit shuffle.

But then I get his ping again, which I decline. Now I'm on uber's shit list...to the back of the line.

Paxhole then uses Lyft to set up his trip. I accept the ping because I've got nothing and I dont want to be shit listed by Lyft, I'm thinking I might take him but then I realize its a recipe for disaster. In the back of my mind I'm thinking maybe a double shuffle on the same guy, but as I pass, I see he's positioned in an aggressive position. There is separation between him and the building, and no one else is around.

So I drive past and in a couple minutes, I chicken out an cancel on Lyft. I couldnt see myself shuffling again. Over the next hour I got nothing.

I couldnt take him on Lyft because there would have been a probable issue, even though its the paxhole's fault for not showing up the first time.

What is the best play here?

·
Premium Member
27,935 Posts
2 Uber Shuffles and one Lyft Shuffle in Greater MD would've been roughly $17 for 15 minutes and zero miles on the new car.

Park around the corner, put on hat and sunglasses and go for a walk. Get paid to exercise.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 Uber Shuffles and one Lyft Shuffle in Greater MD would've been roughly $17 for 15 minutes and zero miles on the new car.

Park around the corner, put on hat and sunglasses and go for a walk. Get paid to exercise.
I'm not saying thats wrong.. but it sure does take some balls. I'd have to be in a bad mood to pull that off.

·
Premium Member
27,935 Posts
I'm not saying thats wrong.. but it sure does take some balls. I'd have to be in a bad mood to pull that off.
It's not your fault that, especially on Lyft, it's twice as profitable to Shuffle as it is to complete the trip.

The first time you double Shuffle someone your ass will be tighter than a clam's ass and that's watertight.

Soon you'll be doing it whilst munching a burrito.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Mid morning pickup at the mall before open for "Danny". Its a 3 min pickup, 3 min trip (ugh), but around here, need to take the short ones if want a chance to get something better.

I went to the pin and waited. Paxhole calls near end of timer and says, "can you come to...". I said, "I know where that is". Hang up.

NFW, I'm investing another couple minutes on this garbage trip. Of course I legit shuffle.

But then I get his ping again, which I decline. Now I'm on uber's shit list...to the back of the line.

Paxhole then uses Lyft to set up his trip. I accept the ping because I've got nothing and I dont want to be shit listed by Lyft, I'm thinking I might take him but then I realize its a recipe for disaster. In the back of my mind I'm thinking maybe a double shuffle on the same guy, but as I pass, I see he's positioned in an aggressive position. There is separation between him and the building, and no one else is around.

So I drive past and in a couple minutes, I chicken out an cancel on Lyft. I couldnt see myself shuffling again. Over the next hour I got nothing.

I couldnt take him on Lyft because there would have been a probable issue, even though its the paxhole's fault for not showing up the first time.

What is the best play here?
**** lyft

I once talked to a passenger that I was shuffling in person at a target as I exited the bathroom , she was looking and looking and I gave her a sympathetic ear for about 30 seconds , then shuffled her ass on my way to the car . **** em

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I would have Stone Cold Multiplier shuffled that ****. Unless I predicted a chance for violence, shuffling an incorrect pin drop on Uber twice, then complete the ride on Lyft (pretending that the two shuffles didn't happen) STONE COLD. Have done it before. The adrenaline rush is unbeatable in the front seat of the car.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
It's not your fault that, especially on Lyft, it's twice as profitable to Shuffle as it is to complete the trip.

The first time you double Shuffle someone your ass will be tighter than a clam's ass and that's watertight.

Soon you'll be doing it whilst munching a burrito.
double shuffling while munching on tater tots and wings... yuummm

the only other time I felt bad was shuffling a pregnant woman at a strip mall. To be fair, it was at night and after I parked the car and started walking towards her then I saw the baby bump... 🤷🏻‍♂

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
why do you think taking short rides give you a better chance of getting a "better" ride?
This is the question I want answered. I mean we have one driver here who thinks he makes 200-300/day because of his Faith in God and God showering him with blessings. I wonder if the OPs point fetishizes this nearly Stockholm syndrome - like relationship with the algorithm. Sure the algorithm is God so maybe he's saying in his experience when he gives up the ass on a short ride the Almighty Algorithm gives him a reach around with a longer ride

·
Premium Member
27,935 Posts
Someone say WINGS???
Wings don't pay for themselves.

Speaking of wings...We are due for our monthly meet up soon. I was at the usual place the other day during happy hour... and it was empty AF....
@Desertrose mentioned wanting to do a Meetup.

I'll bug her to schedule one before we're all either quarantined or it's Mad Max/Walking Dead.

·
Premium Member
27,935 Posts
She should probably do it by next week.
I feel like in 2 more weeks, we'll definitely be in Mad Max mode.
Costco better get some more ****ing Charmin Blue label or I'm gonna have to get one of these:

Product Font Microphone Electronic device Audio equipment

Any of you Deplorables get a Charmin Blue label multi-pack from Costco buzz me. I'll make it worth your while. I got Bitcoin.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.