Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
This is the problem uber is going to have. Many of us have stopped driving or have reduced hours. Right now, we are very replaceable because they are running ads for new drivers 24/7. What happens when uber runs out of people willing to do this? My prediction is that driver and car quality goes down dramatically and you end up with people that have limited other options.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm about to be done. My lease is up next week and I'm sick of how shitty Ubers system and attitude are. I used to be excited to start driving, and while I still like doing it, there are too many hoops to jump through to make any money at this game right now.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm thinking it will pick back up again now that the students are moving back in. Don't think it will make up the 40-50 % drop but might off set it some for you. Still not hopeful for all who drive full time. Even myself doing part time I've had some weeks where I could barely top $200

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I do my detailing myself and pay at least $20.00 for external car washes every month.
But, lately I am in a battle with the bad odor in my car.
I am very sensitive to all smells and I started to hate my car as it started to smell like urine.
I am trying a lot of things with limited success.

I knew a few very close friends who are doing this job and never fit the definition of the proverbial bad taxi cab drivers people often refer to.
That's why, I never looked down or said anything bad about taxi drivers. I tried to stay out of their sight and not get in their face all the time I worked.
Now, I can understand the typical cab's situation much better after 1 year of using my personal car as a cab!
My ride is not as comfortable as it used to be because of the beatings it get in city traffic. The shocks need to be replaced.

I will replace my spark plugs myself to keep my costs down. They too need to be replaced because of the extra miles I put on the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts