Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Whittlesea and some of the other Las Vegas taxis going around with the Uber stickers on the car bumper but w/ crossed out w/ the international red 'No' sign.

95% of my knowledgeable PAX absolutely cannot STAND LV taxis: dirty, nasty, corrupt, rude, cheating, unsafe, unfriendly, poor English, halitosis, price gouging you name it.

I say this a bit in jest but maybe just maybe there is money to make in magnet stickers one can take off when parked so one's POV is not molested by the cartel thugs. LOL.

Who can design?

They're asking for it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I see Whittlesea and some of the other Las Vegas taxis going around with the Uber stickers on the car bumper but w/ crossed out w/ the international red 'No' sign.

95% of my knowledgeable PAX absolutely cannot STAND LV taxis: dirty, nasty, corrupt, rude, cheating, unsafe, unfriendly, poor English, halitosis, price gouging you name it.

I say this a bit in jest but maybe just maybe there is money to make in magnet stickers one can take off when parked so one's POV is not molested by the cartel thugs. LOL.

Who can design?

They're asking for it.
I kinda want that anti Uber sticker on
My back bumper too.

·
Registered
729 Posts

Who can design?

They're asking for it.
I hope you understand that cab drivers with anit uber stickers around town didn't put stickers on those cars.Drivers have nothing to do with stickers. Drivers are slaves of cab companies just like we are slaves of uber.Cab companies are losing riders and losing money after uber came to town.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
May 2015 Las Vegas Taxicab Gods revenue $42,082,203
May 2016 Las Vegas Taxicab Gods revenue $32,773,755
Over 9 million in lost revenue !!

717, 924 less taxicab trips from May 2015 to May 2016

Lyft and Uber are enjoying the signs.

Hopefully the Gods will put up billboards in the near future with the same design as the current stickers on the back of their taxicabs.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts

Hopefully the Gods will put up billboards in the near future with the same design as the current stickers on the back of their taxicabs.
And last year uber lost $1.7bil on revenue of $1.2bil. Who cares!

·
Registered
729 Posts

OMG that's bad news for cab owners. Uber and lyft have been in town less than a year and I think they did a lot of damages to cab owners.I heard we are going to see self driving mini buses on streets of vegas by the end of this year 2016 3years ago cab companies owners tought uber will never be allowed to operate in vegas.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I hope you understand that cab drivers with anit uber stickers around town didn't put stickers on those cars.Drivers have nothing to do with stickers. Drivers are slaves of cab companies just like we are slaves of uber.Cab companies are losing riders and losing money after uber came to town.
Even negative advertising about your competition is still advertising for your competitor. They're just spreading their competitor's name for them.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
And last year uber lost $1.7bil on revenue of $1.2bil. Who cares!
On Feb 21, 2016 you posted on the Vegas?? Good luck?? page 23 #445 that Las Vegas is Done, Not only will their be no growth, business will shrink.

The data from the Nevada Taxicab Authority would certainly tell a different story.

March 2016 trips for the taxicab industry in Las Vegas decreased by 371,809 a 14.9 % loss
April 2016 trips for the taxicab industry in Las Vegas decreased by 311, 926 a 13.24% loss
May 2016 trips for the taxicab industry in Las Vegas decreased by 717,924 a 25.92% loss

The numbers for June 2016 should be excellent also for TNC's operating in Las Vegas.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Uber is a ponzi scheme. They'll lose even more than last year, and eventually investors will want a return. Or is that what's already happening, with a $2bil cash infusion from the Saudis.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Uber is a ponzi scheme. They'll lose even more than last year, and eventually investors will want a return. Or is that what's already happening, with a $2bil cash infusion from the Saudis.
They said that about Amazon as well. Guess they're just lucky.

·
Banned
3,985 Posts

Who can design?

They're asking for it.
Take the high road. Don't lower yourself to their level. It's not the drivers that hate uber drivers it's the company. When the taxi drivers loose their jobs they will apply to drive uber. I don't get mad at the taxi drivers anymore because they have to hustle into line to get their rides so I have them the right away. If they want to cut ahead of me then they can go. It's better then have them behind you and hit you from behind

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm already having some sample stickers made up. When done I will post screenshot.
Anti-taxicab stickers should be MANDATORY for Uber/Lyft people.
Also considering same message on another sticker in Amharic (national language of Ethiopia)
Cab companies are hiring an unlimited supply of Ethiopians and Somalis "fresh off the boat" lol

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
I'm already having some sample stickers made up. When done I will post screenshot.
Anti-taxicab stickers should be MANDATORY for Uber/Lyft people.
Also considering same message on another sticker in Amharic (national language of Ethiopia)
Cab companies are hiring an unlimited supply of Ethiopians and Somalis "fresh off the boat" lol
Funny you said that. They also hire a lot retired elders too. I was behind this cab driver on airport tunnel going to 215 west and the guy drive 25 miles an hour with pax in the back. I pass him up look over and the guy was very old. If I was a pax I will not feel comfortable in his cab

·
Registered
251 Posts
I requested an uber last night. The guy had a 3.85 rating hiw is he even driving still. I felt bad. He knew the strip but didnt speak any english and wasnt dressed presentable. I gave him 5 stars still just because he wasnt late and becausr he didnt get lost.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Funny you said that. They also hire a lot retired elders too. I was behind this cab driver on airport tunnel going to 215 west and the guy drive 25 miles an hour with pax in the back. I pass him up look over and the guy was very old. If I was a pax I will not feel comfortable in his cab
It's "The economy, stupid", to quote James Carville. In spite of the government's very optimisitic jobs and employment numbers, a whole lot of people of all ages have been forced out of employment. If you had a great paying job would you spend your free time driving taxi service in your personal car?

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
It's "The economy, stupid", to quote James Carville. In spite of the government's very optimisitic jobs and employment numbers, a whole lot of people of all ages have been forced out of employment. If you had a great paying job would you spend your free time driving taxi service in your personal car?
Understandable but to qualify you have to drive the speed limit. I can't drive 55

1 - 20 of 22 Posts